Chapter 8- treading new waters

JIMIN POV:

I peel myself up and off the sheets after a few minutes, heading into the adjacent bathroom to clean myself off, hear the quiet groan of contentment behind me, lips twitching at the sound. It doesn't take too long to head back, already expecting (Y/N) to be half-dressed and ready to leave... not expecting this. Clutching at a damp towel for her.

Thinly veiled amusement filtering through me as I watch her eyes flutter shut heavier and heavier, steadily staying shut for longer and longer, body a loose sprawl against the sheets, breaths light and even with the beginnings of sleep beginning to tug at her.

For someone always so riled up and fire in her words and gaze... this is different. This is a different person entirely and for a few moments it's distinctly uncomfortable to associate that fired up seething skater to the drooping figure on my bed.

Rounding the bed, a mixture of bewilderment and uncertainty flitting through me. She never stays. It makes no sense for her to.

And yet she's falling asleep. I can't just kick her out in the dead of night.

My knee's barely sunk down onto the edge of the bed, hand moving to gather up discarded clothes, to straighten out the sheets, when (Y/N) stirs slightly, eyes flashing open with a sudden jolt of awareness, alert cognizance seeming to flood her gaze as she bolts upright. That instance of alertness sinking more and more into her gaze, but she doesn't catch my hand reaching out to nudge her back, a light half-shove that has her sprawling, face twisting to catch my eyes, tossing the towel at her.

There's a scowl on her lips as she begins clearing herself up, hand dabbing at skin and even though our needs have been met, even though there's a familiar weighted contentment tugging at my every limb, I can't stop my gaze from flitting over her as if trying to remap the shape and silhouette of her body, of every line and curve to memory as if it's not been branded there through constant reinforcement and touch.

Voice sounding weary and half-mumbled, laced with the familiar drawl, brushing off the notion of finding myself lost in the sheets and her again. But with how exhausted she looks, eyes fluttering lazily and sluggish, slow blinks as she slowly seems to gather herself.

The abrupt motion of flinging the towel at me, catching me off guard, grimacing as I toss it aside, hearing the drawn out taunt in her voice, somehow not at its full intensity with how she's half-focused.

"....you're needy—" voice making me pause briefly as I round the bed.

"Gods do you ever shut up?" I groan, sinking down into bed, body stretching out languidly. Twisting briefly to get comfortable, drawing the blanket half up over me. Foot nudging at her to get her to just stop, just for a moment just to turn off for a second.

Foot shoved back, hand carding through her hair, tousled from my touch, a soft groan to herself as she grumbles.

"I'll be out your hair, let me dress." The loose sloped curve of her back, posture tilted inwards, head tilting loosely into her palm before she shakes her head to straighten up. Moving to clamber out of bed, body so visibly tired.

I only question the choice for half a second before my body moves on its own, arm looping around her waist and tugging her back, body sinking into the bed beside me.

Feel her body stiffen, mind whirring with doubt and questioning it before I shake myself free from it.

It's nothing.

She's tired. I've got a bed.

There. That's (Y/N), that glower returning in full force as she twists to shoot me a hard look, yanking her back as she moves to wrench herself upright.