119. To You, Who Stayed by My Side

Axel liked her eyes. There was something alluring in those pale pink eyes of hers that reminded him of cherry blossoms. He liked the way she would look at him in the eye— a delicate, beautiful moment that would take his breath away. There was a certain kindness and familiarity in her eyes, as if he had known her for years. And when she looked him in the eye and said 'don't leave', he couldn't say no either: the rare light of determination in those crystal clear eyes of hers was too much for Axel to ignore.

Needless to say, Luna had a special place in his heart.

Luna's performances were magical in his eyes. She shined brighter than ever on the stage, and he couldn't take his eyes off her for even a second. It was as if she had casted a magic spell on him.

The final performance of the night was about to begin. Under the spotlight was Luna, with Pixie, Poppie and Gardie by her side. Axel felt his heart beat faster as he met Luna's eyes for a brief moment as she scanned the crowd before starting her routine.

Illuminate the starry sky with your light, Luna. You don't have to shine radiantly like the sun: the moon's elegance is more than enough to light up the night.

As Pixie used Aurora Veil to cast a dreamy aurora behind them, Gardie tapped the ground lightly with its foot, creating a thin layer of water that emitted a light glow across the stage, reflecting the aurora off its surface. With a singsong voice, Poppie created dozens of bubbles, each of different colour, that floated into the sky that resembled that of a galaxy.

Pixie danced alongside Luna, freezing the water beneath its feet every time it touched the ground lightly, and specks of snow started to drift down from the sky, casting a thin layer of ice over the bubbles in the sky. The blades on Gardie's arms glowed a shade of light blue as it nodded at Poppie.

Using Sparkling Aria, Poppie created a giant water balloon beneath Luna and Pixie. Gardie jumped onto the balloon, bouncing the three upwards into the air. Swinging its blades, Gardie popped the bubbles around it, causing them to burst into sparkles one by one. As Poppie released Sparkling Aria, Pixie used Ice Beam to freeze the water quickly into a slide for Luna to land on, sending them both back down to the ground. Gardie followed behind, running its blade against the ice and causing the slide to shatter behind it.

Next, Poppie used Moonblast to create a mirage of the moon in the air as Gardie and Pixie both jumped back to charge their moves. They casted Psyshock and Ice Shard respectively at the same time, creating beautiful crystals that hit the water surface like shooting stars as they fell. Luna picked up one of the bubbles drifting near her and tossed it over to Pixie, who jumped up and hit it towards Gardie with its tail. Gardie gave it a light push into the air, where Poppie leaped up and intercepted it elegantly, creating a dozen more bubbles alongside the original.

As Pixie danced around Luna, it froze the light splashes, creating the illusion of flowers blooming beneath its feet. The light from Aurora Veil reflected upon the crystalline structures magically. Gardie used Psyshock once again, the purple orbs doing a circle around Luna before being sent into the air alongside the balloons, creating glowing icy orbs that floated in the sky, reflecting the aurora within them.

Luna looked just like a fairy princess as she continued her routine, dancing alongside her Pokemon and taking full advantage of the stage she had created for herself to perform on. Unlike Serena's bright, attractive combinations, Luna focused more on the artistry with such delicacy that could make you hold your breath as you took in the scenes she was creating and the story she was telling.

It's so beautiful I don't want it to end. It has to end, but... I don't want it to.

...