Chapter 4

Mason woke up to the sound of his phone. He rolled over half asleep and blinked groggily at the bright screen. It was 5:30 am, who would be texting him at this time?! He opened his texts and saw that it was Kristin.
KRISTIN: Hey, sorry to wake you but I can't stay in this house another second, please come and get me?😭
Mason: I'm leaving now, what happened?
He waited a minute and his phone went off again
KRISTEN: I'll explain it all on the way, just please hurry.😭
Mason jumped out of bed, put on a pair of joggers, hoodie, and a beanie and grabbed his keys. He scribbled out a note in case he woke anyone up and got into his sedan. He drove down the seemingly empty streets until he eventually got to Kristin's. She was already waiting outside in the cool spring weather. She ran into the car, her eyes red and puffy from crying. Mason turned to her
"Babe, what happened?"
"I can't explain right now, you just need to go!" She yelled. Mason quickly pulled out of the driveway and drove away from the white, two storied house. The two sat in silence interrupted occasionally by a sniffle or whimper from Kristen. As they pulled into Masons garage he saw that he had woken someone up because all lights were on.
"Oh, Mason. Did I get you in trouble? I'm sorry" Kristin asked in a pathetic little voice.
"No, I left a note. They know what happened, I'm sure they're more concerned about you.. They're not the only ones either" Mason answered reassuringly. Kristin nodded as she couldn't make out anymore words and he took her inside. Elliot and Olivia were sitting on the couch half asleep when they walked in. As soon as they saw them they imediately stood up and hugged Kristin asking if she was okay.