2"

Mika opened the door to his apartment as he switched on the light.

"Welcome to my home!" - he said as she stepped inside.

She wandered her eyes around, while he changed his clothes.

"You can have the bed, I'll get something else!" - He offered.

"Oh no, that's too much. I can have the floor!" - Alice freaked out. Nobody had ever offered her to sleep in such kingsized bed.

"No I want you to take the bed. It's fine!" - he insisted.

"We can share! That's too large for me!" - she refused.

"No you have it, and no we cannot and should never share it!" - He got a hand on the back of his neck.

"I don't mind sharing!" - she said, innocently.

"But I do!" - he said, taking off his shirt.

"The couch is fine!" - she kept on denying.

"Is it another problem you have with the bed?" - He questioned.

"No it's just too large for me. It's uncomfortable!" - She said, honestly. Alice had never seen such large bed, and she definitely had never had the chance to sleep in one alone. It was freaking her out, she was afraid.

"You will take the bed if we share?"

"Yeah... I guess..." - she mumbled.

He sighed "Okay we can share the bed then!" - Mika said, he knew arguing with kids only makes things worse. And it wasn't like he had any interest for this skinny girl. He could have been her father theorically. He wanted her to take the bed. Young girl was so tired she didn't even know.

He laid beside her, Alice was quickly asleep. He knew she was exhausted. "Unfortunate kids" - he thought. Mika stared at her closing eyes lids. Like any other girls, Alice was a pretty, innocent girl. He pitied her. As if a knife had just traced onto his heart, Mika touched the little girl's cheek. She was deeply asleep; her skin cold, and dry.

Morning came to Mika with the little girl besides him. Sunlight snuck in from windows, poured onto the angel's skin. He heart-fully looked at Alice. And this, was the seconds he decided to protect the misfortunate sixth-teenth years old girl.

Morning came to Alice with a hand pulling the blanket, covering her shoulders. Her eyes lids flickering, but shut tight again. She was exhausted...of the reality she had. As she wished to sleep, enternally. Yet God did not allow her to. Cause everytime she tried to fall asleep again, the reality stabbed her with millions knives. Yet it was the very first time, her little wish of dreaming came to life.

Alice woke up laying on the kingsize bed alone; and it freaked her out. She found a note on the pillow next to the one she was using last night.

"Good morning,

I came to the shoot! it's Saturday, studio is not open so I let you sleep! Breakfast is at the table, make yourself as home. I'll be back at noon.

Mike "

A strange breeze sent down Alice's spine to spiral cord. Was this what kindness felt like? This had never happened to her, wasn't this heart-touching?

She came over to the table, breakfast with pancakes and honey with all the things she couldn't ask for more were waiting for her. Was this dreams? Or was this her imagination? Alice asked herself, sitting down.

***

The door creaked open, Mika walked in remembering her. "Alice?" - he called. She didn't answer, as he took a look at the dining room, and the bed was made. "Shits!" - he swore. It was heart attacks losing a kid. He rushed to the living room, as he breathed a sign of relieve.