3"

"Geromino!" - Alice squealed as they home from the grocery.

"Geromino?" - Her eyes narrowed, she lifted things up and looked under the table.
"Alice you're okay?" - Mika asked, as he placed the food onto the table.

"I can't find Geromino everywhere" - She kneeled down to her knees and then to her arms to look for the hamster underneath the sofas and tables.

"I'm sure he was there when we got out!" - He opened the small cage.

"But he's not there anymore!" - Alice said in despair.

"We'll find him!" - He lifted all the pillows and moved the furnitures; yet no the signs of the hamster.

"Do you think he ran away?" - She said.

"What the heck Alice? No! It's not like we beat him up to dead so he had to escape!" - Mika raised his voice, as he lifted up the pillows. His irritation arose. Mika hated seeing Alice in worries and the hopelessness on her face was enough to set himself to guilts.

Alice looked around the cage, as it drew her attention to the opened window. She stunned. Alice rushed, hitting herself into the wall attached to the window, she looked down from the 9th floor of where they lived.

"Mike...!" - She mumbled.
"I don't think he jumped! He's not stupid!" - Mika threw his arms to the air.

"No, but the piece of wrap I put around his neck is down there...on the third floor!" - She gestured to the opened air.

Without saying any other words, Mika turned to rush out of the room. Alice slammed the door shut behind her as she followed him to the stairs, not waiting for the elevators. They quickly got to the balcony of the hallway, where the piece of cloth was hanging urgently. She looked down to the crowded street of traffic, only to dizzy herself. She heard Mika's heavy sigh, as he turned around. Alice watched him, 'it's over' - she guessed.

"...Alice...?!"
Her eyes watery trying to open to look at him. Mika quickly crossed his arms around the little girl. He held her tight to himself. She buried her face to the 1m90 man, he towered to hold the 1m60 girl. Tears streamed like rivers on her cheeks; and all he knew to do was to keep her in his arms for moments.

Night fell, England had never been so cold. Michael held Alice as he stroked small circles on her shoulder. Her tears streaming all over the shirts of both. Her blue eyes swollen red, buried on his chest.

"It's gonna be okay!" - Mika whispered.

"I can get you another one!" - He said and Alice shook her head, cried "No. I want Geromino back!"

"Close your eyes! It's going to be okay!" - He stroked her shoulders.

Yet tears flew like rivers, damping his sleep shirt. And the sound of miserable cry dominated the space.
"Alice I can't sleep if you keeps crying!" - He mumbled. Alice said nothing, but tried to keep the cry down though little she knew, it failed.
"Alice! Come on Alice! Stop crying, you know it won't help!"- Mika wiped the tears away as he blinked to keep his eyes wide open.

"Alice!" - her tears streamed even more.

What happened next is more than excited yet opposite, it is either wrong or sweet. Depended on what perspective you hold of this short story.

Mika held her cheek as he pressed his lips onto hers, and kept them for a while after letting go. Alice was shocked, and so did he. Michael hugged her into his chest again, avoiding the awkward eye contacts. Both of them, none was sure of what just happened, yet they knew for sure that it stopped her from crying.

Alice grabbed his tee shirt, as she buried her face onto his chest. As this left both of them a question of confusion, maybe he wanted to undo it and maybe she thought she could have pushed him away. Or maybe he wanted it to happen for such a long time that his motions exposed involuntary. And maybe she wanted him to do that so much she didn't resist.

Morning came to Alice with Mika smoothing her soft blonde. She blinked twice or more, as she got a better vision of him.

"Morning Alice!"

"Morning!" - She yawned.

She sat up, leaning to his shoulder. "It's gonna be okay!" - He stroked small circles on her shoulder.

"Now, who wants some ice cream? Sweets make you feel better!" - He forced a smile and she shrugged, bits of hesitation.

"I'll wait in kitchen!" - He Stroked her shoulder after placing a kiss on her forehead.

Mika put down the cup of coffee as he answered the phone.

"We need you here by 10 the latest Mika! The set is already done, since yesterday!"

"Can tomorrow do? I'm... a bit busy today!" - His voice lowered.

"You said the same thing yesterday. Look, we need to get it done by the end of this week and today is Tuesday Mika! Dating is not an excuse to get away! And these people had their timetable as well! We don't wait for you forever Mika! It's either now or we will have to delay it until next month! And trust me, your fans hate it!" - the producer warned.

"12?" - Mika said.

"10!"

"11!"

"Fine 11. Make it on time!"

He hung up the phone.

"Alice! We have to go now!"

"I'm coming!" - She ran to the kitchen tying shoelaces.

"beautiful!" - he exclaimed walking her to the car.

***

"You don't like ice cream?" - the little girl looked up to his eyes.

"...oh...you have it!" - he watched the time carefully.

He got his eyes attached to the clock, either his phone or the watch on his wrist or the shop's clock as well. He smoothened her blonde several times after came back to the clock again. He knew she noticed his check-out yet she didn't say a thing. She got him to taste the ice cream with her spoon and hand several times, but the clock seemed to be more interesting to Mika.

"Sweetie I'll have to drop you home now. Don't wait me for dinner- Octavie will come to make you something. I have to be somewhere else in..." - he raised his wrist to get a better look of the watch. "20 minutes" - he said looking at her.

"Okay!" - Alice shrugged.

She used to feel like she was a grown up and mature, that she could possibly stand against the world. Yet her life alternated when she first stepped into a place of his called home. She wanted to feel kindness, and hopes and maybe love, from family and friends and lovers... But maybe living with Mika changed her so bad she felt so little, so childish and dependant. Or maybe it was his height of incredibly tall that he made her felt tiny. He was older than Alice as well.

"You're okay Mike?" - Alice innocently looked up to his eyes. Anxiously he rolled the car's wheels, his eyes spoke something called worriness.

"....uh ... Yeah I'm fine...!" - attached himself to the road, he speed up the pace.

***

He stopped the car infront of their apartment. Mika turned to look at her surprised pair of eyes. She widened them and blinked a few times.

"Goodluck!" - Alice said as she reached to give him a kiss on the cheek. Mika smiled happily as he answered the girl "Sure darling!"

She closed the door and he speed up the car up again.

***

It was 2 o' clock in the morning when he got home. Yet the light was up still at the front porches to greet him. Mika tried to be as quiet as he could, not waking up Alice. Yet no matter how hard he tried, Mika found her sitting by the window. Sleepy eyes don't lie but she held one of his book on her hands. As she recognised him, she squealed "Mika!" To jumped and gave him a big hug. He smoothened her blonde as he held her, too.

"Where have you been?" - Alice looked up to his tired eyes.