Rainy Night at Cream's

Tails and Cream rushed through the door of Cream's house, wiping their sneakers on the mat. Once that was done, Tails closed and locked the door as quickly as possible. What was supposed to be a 'simple walk' had gone horribly wrong because a heavy rain shower had left them soaked.

Suddenly there was a great clap of thunder. Cream instantly ran upstairs and into her bed, quivering in fright. Tails ran up after her and saw her face buried in her pillow. He felt terrible for his crush, as she was petrified of thunderstorms and he wasn't.
"Hey... Cream," Tails said.
"Hmm?" Cream mumbled.
"I know you're scared but...is there anything I could do for you?" Tails suggested.
"Hot chocolate please," Cream answered. "Cream in mine." A huge thunderclap then scared her into seated silence as she started to weep.

Tails instantly went back downstairs to whip up the hot chocolate. He did Cream's first and whipping the cream on top. He had to admit it looked really good. So much, in fact, that he made his own, only without cream.

Coming back up, Cream was even more terrified, under the covers. Tails put the hot chocolate next to her and removed the covers from Cream.
"I made the hot choc for you," he said.
"Thanks Tails," Cream said, smiling fondly at him. Tails blushed.
"Stay focused, Tails. I know she's really cute, but you have to help her," he thought. As the cream formed a little white moustache on her face, Tails got an idea.

"Uhhh...Cream? I have something that... that might..." Tails stammered.
"Yes?" Cream asked, causing the two-tailed fox to blush a deep crimson.
Cream got out of bed, but a huge thunderclap sounded, and she ran into his arms, crying.
In a way, this had been what Tails was going to suggest, but not in the way he intended. He wrapped his arms around her, as well as his namesake tails, making Cream look up at her, her eyes pooled with tears.
"T...Tails?" she said.

The second Cream spoke, Tails realised Cream was looking at him as he hugged her. He tried to recover as he madly blushed but it was simply too late.
"Awww, did you purposely hug me as you were going to suggest that?" Cream asked as she began to form a slight blush as well, admiring the fox's charm.
"Yeah... I did," Tails sighed.
"Don't feel bad, Tails. That's so sweet of you," Cream reassured him.
"Basically, I... I... I have a crush on you," Tails began. "A huge crush on you. You're just so cute. Your eyes just shine every time I see you, and I... I... I love you. You're Cream. My Cream."
For a moment, Tails thought he shouldn't have said that. But he was relieved when he saw Cream smiling ear to ear. She wrapped her arms around his neck and said "I love you too."

Tails leaned in towards her to meet his lips with hers in a kiss which Cream shyly, but happily returned, their hearts beating as loud as the thunder as they made out.

And just like their love would, the rain continued on.

This is by far the most cute one-shot I've ever written, and takes place before Tails and Cream's boyfriend\girlfriend relationship. Anyways, one more story before my 'surprise'. Stay tuned!