2. Taunting Ink

Cuddling up on my couch, the swarming of butterflies still didn't leave my belly as I wrapped the blanket around me tighter. I looked like a swaddled baby as I faced the TV, watching Tangled. I hummed along the song, but it was only a second before my phone lit up, my wide eyes darting to it.

Craning my head forward, the camera recognized me, unlocking my screen, and displaying the message.

"If I hadn't said it before, you looked beautiful tonight, Sparkie." The shocking feeling of screaming into my pillow rose up my chest, and my ears tingled as they burned red. The compliment, the nickname, the man. I couldn't believe the luck of meeting Jaxon.

Pulling my hands up through the swaddle, I grabbed my phone, my fingers moving in anxious taps on the back of my phone as I thought of how to respond back.

"Thank you, Jaxon. You made my night." I sent the text before I over thought it, throwing it with a whimper, and watching it land face down. My gaze was locked on the phone, eyes wide in nervousness as I awaited that chime of my phone that, before tonight, rarely came through.

The chime rang in less than 5 seconds from the moment the message was delivered. Butterflies were doing somersaults in my belly, my head trying to erase the sinful images that kept wanting to pry themselves into my thoughts. I had to blink harshly as the flashing image of Jaxon with me in a bed... along with those other men from tonight.

And that's when it hit me.

"He was with them!" I gasped as I put the pieces together, his deep ocean eyes that held me in a blissful chokehold. I sat straighter as I swiped my phone, the same excitement rooting deeper in me as I wondered if I would see them again. Though, I scolded myself, horrible for thinking of all of them when Jaxon was the one to come up to me.

"Would you let me take you out on another?" I swooned as he managed to make me grin with his smoothness. My shoulders shook in a shimmying motion, a squeal muffling into my chest as I typed back with quick fingers.

"I would love that. When are you thinking?" I bit my lip nervously, swiping out of our conversation, my heart beating wildly as the typing bubble popped up.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7. The sooner I can see you, the better, Sparkie." A wide smile burst on my face at the plans and the nickname. I let out a cackle of a laugh at the irony of the name.

"Sounds perfect! Is there a dress code?" My mind immediately went to what I wanted to wear. Clothes were a safe space for me, a good outfit and I felt good.

"Warm and casual. There will be a bit of dirt." He sent a winky face emoji at the end of his proclamation. I hearted the message, before spacing out for a few minutes, then remembering I should send him my address. There was no bad gut feeling of giving him directions to my house, so I just went for it.

I snuggled back into my swaddle as I watched my favorite scene of Tangled; the boat scene. The movie had always been my favorite since I was a child. It gave me hope for such a deep and wholesome love. Lately it's been making me itch for it and jaw-dropping Jaxon sure scratched it.

xXx

SATURDAY

"Thank you so much Bri! I owe you." I hung up on my coworker as she kindly took my shift for tonight. A squeal threatened to rush past my lips as I spun around with stiff arms, looking around my room, and suddenly deciding to rearrange.

My loft had 2 bathrooms, one downstairs next to the laundry room, and one upstairs in my bedroom area that has a shower. My bathroom upstairs was to the right as you got to the top of the stairs, my closet to the left of it. The rest was open space.