Unrequited Reunion

Mutasim P.O.V

I let out a low groan as I felt my body begin to wake up. Groggily, my eyes opened up and I woke up to the sight of Rogue and Laura dressing into a change of new clothes. Laura had dressed into a simple white t-shirt and shorts while Rogue wore her green overlayer and jogging bottoms. I sat up from the bed and rubbed my head, realising that I still hadn't taken off my hoodie. 

Rogue: Rise and shine sleepyhead. 

Mutasim: Good morning ladies. 

I sat on the edge of the bed, taking off my hoodie. Upon doing so, Laura ruffled my already messy bed hair. 

Laura: There's a handsome face. 

Mutasim: Yeah, like you can see it with all this hair in my face. 

Rogue: Cmon Laura, let's have sleepin beauty freshen up. 

Laura: Fine. See you Mutasim. 

The two girls left the room, giving me some space to myself. I let out a sigh and stood up, taking off my dirty clothes. After removing my tops, I took a look at my body in the body sized mirror. Few scars of a kind were visible, mostly scars I got from fights. With the exception of one that was on my left cheek. I got that one after a... small dispute with someone I once knew. 

Sighing, I got changed into a new set of clothes, consisting of a simple black sleeveless vest and another pair of black jeans. After changing, I left the room and began to walk down the hall, making my way to the lobby and then heading down to the kitchen. Good thing about this mansion? There was more than enough space for "Xavier's School for Gifted Students". And the gifts weren't exactly what you'd think at first. Like Laura, Rogue and I had powers too. 

Rogue's powers consisted of her being able to sap anyone's powers and use them along with absorbing their memories if she got into skin contact with them. Luckily, I, with a few other's help, were able to create a special choker she could wear that would stop her power for as long as she wore it. Laura had two powers. Her metal claws which were apart of her skeleton and she had incredible regenerative properties. 

My power? We... I don't like to talk about it. And no, its not to do with anything intimate. Its just... cost me a lot. That's all. 

I entered the kitchen, seeing Rogue, Laura and a few other friends, including Laura's dad, Logan. And of course, the leader of this group, Charles Xavier. 

Xavier: Good morning Mutasim. I trust you enjoyed your sleep? 

Mutasim: You could say that. 

Logan: Right... Anyway, we were just discussing training for tomorrow. 

Mutasim: What? Its nine in the morning! 

Kurt: Right?! That's vhat I said! 

Xavier: I understand your displeasure with this, but with tensions rising higher and higher, we can't afford to fall short. 

Logan: Charles is right. You've seen how bad it is in the city now. And not just for the Futanaris.

I nodded slowly as I recalled what happened last night on the train. Poor girl... 

Mutasim: Alright, so what's gonna be new? 

Charles: That's what we were discussing. Please, take a seat. We'd like to hear your input on things. 

I was about to sit down at the table, but we were all disturbed when we heard a doorbell ring. 

Kitty: Were we expecting anyone? 

Scott: Evan? 

Evan: Don't look at me man. I don't invite anyone over after what happened with the party.