18

HeavenLeigh POV

3 months later

"But early this morning, when I opened my eyes
That old lonesome feeling, took me by surprise
I guess you meant more, than I realized
The love we had stays on my mind,
The love we had stays on my mind" I sang on stage.

I'm 9 months pregnant, almost ready to give birth, and I had a performance tonight. Everybody's here, the whole family.

I also allowed Honesty to bring her new boyfriend, D'Angelo. They took things slow before putting a title on it and just recently he finally asked my baby to be his girlfriend.

Since she's 16, almost 17 I allow her to date.

Kumar is here and he brought his friend, Genesis. Which is obviously more than a friend but I don't know what they call whatever it is that they're doing. I always laugh when he tells me about it.

And of course Remy and Latrel is here, along with my hubby, Kamal.

Remy left their song Jr, back with their babysitter because he's still little.

Singing this song is a bit emotional for me because I wrote it about Roddy when he first passed away. And today's his birthday, so.

It's an emotional time. For everyone.

"And oh boy, I've been remembering
The good times that we used to share
My thoughts of you don't have an ending
And memories of you, are everywhere" I sang.

I looked at Honesty in the audience and she had her eyes closed and her hand over her heart as she mouthed the lyrics.

My eyes watered from the visual but I kept going.

Roddy is still a pivotal part in everyone's lives even though he's gone. We haven't forgotten about him, we just learned to move on.

My love for Roddy is not romantic, but it's a general everlasting love. And I'm glad he knew that before he left.

"But why should I tell you?
It's not your concern
You win some, you lose some
I've lost and I've earned
It's just that you felt lonely
With no place to turn
But here at the end, I'll find...
The love we had stays on my mind
The love we had stays on my mind" I sang out.

Everybody started yelling and clapping for me and I seen cameras flashing, as I sighed and looked down for a moment.

My pain is for my daughter, who probably doesn't even remember how much her father loved her. And I know she's in pain because of how he left, but has yet to express that.

Everyone started screaming even louder and looked to the left of the stage. I scrunched my eyebrows wondering what they were looking at, and when I looked I seen my mother walking on stage with kleenex tissue.

I poked my bottom lip out and frowned as I held my heart. She knows me.

She knew I was on the verge.

And just seeing her and feeling her overwhelming support made me shed tears on stage. I didn't even know she was here.

My mom held the sides of my face and kissed my forehead. "You're alright, my baby. You're alright." She said in my ear as we hugged.

"Give it to God my baby. She'll open up soon." My mom said to me, and that gave me chills.

I never told anybody how it bothers me that Honesty hasn't opened up to me about how she feels in regards to her father, I just kept it to myself.

So it sent chills down my body that my mother knew how it bothered me.