Papi

Youngjo froze in the middle of whatever was happening and he was glad the kid had just come and sought for their attention or God only knew what he could have done to the other. "Minji!!"

He looked confused for a moment, then everything was clear to him. "Stop playing wrestling! It's dinner time!! I'm so hungry and the chicken Youngjo hyung is cooking looks so good!!" He jumped up and down while waiting for either his dad or his babysitter to follow him.

"I'll- I'll be there in a moment! I'm just helping your papi getting dressed! He's very tired." Youngjo managed to reply as he was also trying to breathe normally. "W-Wait for me there!"

"Okay!! Please, be quick!!" The little kid replied before running back to the living room.

Youngjo let go of a deep breath he didn't know he had been holding and he quickly helped the host of the house getting dressed. He couldn't even imagine what Hwanwoong would have thought of him if he had known the scene poor little Minji had just witnessed.

By the time he had successfully completed his mission, Hwanwoong was sleeping soundly on his bed wearing his blue Pokémon t-shirt and black shorts. Youngjo had some real trouble keeping himself from kissing every inch of the other's body as he was staring at him, wondering how come in that house there were two kids. Hwanwoong mumbled something again and the oldest let his fingers brush his cheeks for a brief moment. Youngjo's heart stopped beating when Hwanwoong's eyes suddenly opened. He seemed to look at the oldest for an infinite split of second, and then he closed them again, the shadow of a smile adorning his beautiful face.

Youngjo smelled something was burning. He rushed towards the kitchen and he quickly turned off the oven while Minji was playing with his Batman doll on the living room's carpet.

"Is Papi okay, hyung?" He timidly asked as Youngjo was giving their almost carbonized chicken some air.

"Yes, don't worry, Minji-ah! He's just very tired and he's already sleeping!" He smiled, saving what he could for their dinner.

He hadn't been expecting Minji to look down: "He fell asleep without having dinner again..."

"Again?" Youngjo frowned.

"Yes... Papi falls asleep very often sometimes..." He inadvertently caressed his own little arm where the oldest had already noticed there was the long, white scar. "I hope he's not sick..." There were tears in his eyes and Youngjo officially couldn't take it anymore.

He left the chicken, bent down and he opened his arms to welcome the little one against his chest. He hugged Minji as carefully and tightly as he would have loved to hug Hwanwoong. He would have never thought the two of them would have stumbled in his heart that brisk way. "You have a sidekick now. This hyung will always be here to help you and your papi, alright?"

Minji nodded as he sniffed over the fabric of Youngjo's t-shirt: "I'm hungry..."

Youngjo laughed lightly before helping the other feed himself. They even had some time to play and clean the table and Hwanwoong was nowhere to be seen. Youngjo looked at the clock: it was passed midnight. He turned towards the entrance door while he was holding Minji's hand to lead him to bed, and that was the moment he decided to stay and take care of them until Hwanwoong wouldn't have gotten better. He couldn't leave them, he had promised them now.

He made sure to put the little one to sleep before heading straight to Hwanwoong's room. Nobody spoke when he knocked, therefore he silently entered the room with a dish in his hands. The host of the house looked deeply asleep in his bed, a concerned frown was stuck on his face. Youngjo put the plate down on the other's work desk and he walked closer to him. He slowly put his hand over the other's forehead: he was burning hot. "Hwanwoong-ah..."