Digging Deeper

The voice practically screamed.

D A N G E R, remember

It echoed as a different video began to play. This time part of my own. My eyes rolled into the back of my head as it played out. This time, torturingly slow. He pinned me against the wall, the alcohol on his breath as he forcefully grabbed my chin making me look at him, the smell of bourbon stung my nose. Making me nauseated.

"Why? Why can't you be beautiful like the other girls, hmm?"

Tears threatened to fall, he knew that hurt me the most. What I was most insecure about. I wasn't the prettiest woman. Not the curvyest either. I was never good enough. My hands began to shake as I knew what I had to say, "I'm sorry. I'll try harder."

My skin went cold as he shoved his hand down the front of my pants. The tribal tattoo on his forearm showing. My body stiffened. Please I thought, not again. I don't want to. I thought as he breathed on my neck, "You'll do I guess. Till I'm satisfied at least. What will you do, leave me?" He laughed as he grabbed my hair, slaming my head into the wall.

I cried out in pain, "no! No baby, there is no one better than you."

He smiled pleased with my whimper. "Damn right."

In reality my eyes really did roll back and my body slumped. Astarion panicked and caught me before I hit the ground. As soon as his skin touched mine the tadpoles connected us. He saw what I was seeing. Felt what I felt. Astarion blinked it away as he looked down at my unconscious body.

"What the hells?" He shook me gently. "Come now, wake up and explain what the fuck I just saw." He laughed nervously. I didn't wake up. A tear slid down my face, he shook me harder while gently smacking my cheek, "(F/N), wakey wakey!"

My eyes fluttered open, Astaraion looked like he was about to cry. "What's wrong? You look sad."

He laughed as he shook his head, "You're worried about me? After you passed out and infected me with...whatever that was."

I stiffened, my heart felt like it stopped as I got an ache in my chest. I pushed him away as I scooted back, "y-you saw that?" He nodded as he just stayed where he was, knelt on the floor. Looking at me sadly. My head pounded, I grabbed it trying to relieve the pain somehow.

"Easy darling. You're okay." He reached out for me but I smacked his hand away, he recoiled surprised, and sad.

"No! You don't understand! He's still out there somewhere!" I looked up at him, "I don't know where he is but if he finds me..." I cover my mouth with shaking hands as I realized what I was saying. Of course he knew. He's the only one who would know. Would understand.

"You see, I was a slave myself. I had a tormentor as well. Except mine was immortal. And I was forced to obey every command no matter how much I despised it." He stood up slowly, confidently, and stretched a hand out to me, "no more, for either of us. We're a team now."

I slowly reached out and grabbed his hand. He gently pulled me up to my feet. "I'll have your back, if you have mine." I almost whispered as we stared into eachothers eyes.

He smiled his cheeky smile of being impressed and pleased, "of course darling."

My heart fluttered making me nervously step back, "we should head back. And stop calling me that. You'll give me the wrong idea while your drunk."

He laughed as we walked back, "always a spitfire aren't you?"

I conjured a flame in my hand again "I am now." I smirked and shook it away.