Chapter 2

ANABELLE:

Darkness. Total and absolute darkness. That is all I could see, that was until there was a sudden light with orange, red, and yellow undertones illuminating off the walls and casting shadows over everyone's faces.

I turned around and noticed Raina holding a flame in the palm of her hand and scanning the walls, as if looking for something.

"H-how are you doing that" I whispered, my voice cutting through the silent room like a knife cutting butter. Jasper turned around from studying the wall on the left side of the small room they were in, his eyes opening wide in shock as he noticed the flame in Raina's hand, Jack simply ignored everyone and continued scanning the walls.

"Hmm" Raina hummed in question turning to look at me and Jasper. She followed our line of sight to the flame in her hand and smiled brightly "Magic" she said mysteriously.

"Hey, check this out," Jack said, staring at a spot on the wall that's to the far left of the wall facing south. Raina walked over, followed by Jasper and me. we looked at a raised dais with some kind of statue of a dragon with its wings spread out and fire coming out of its jaws, the fire wrapping itself around a staff with some kind of stone resting at the top of said staff,on each side of the dragon on the wall there was a hand-sized circle just below each of the dragon wings, with a smaller dragon stamped into each circle, its mouth open, carved into the wall, as if waiting for something to be placed there. And a thick layer of dust resting on every surface. It looked awesome.

"Wow" Jasper says, breaking the rest out of our transfixed states.

"yeah" I mutter. Raina stepped forward, studying the statue intently, she placed a hand on one of the circles, after wiping the dust off, and pushed it. Nothing happened. Raina sighed and removed her hand. Jasper went forwards and stepped up onto the dais. Checking the walls surrounding the statue for any type of clue. I was picking at my nails, and Jack was munching on a cookie. I've no idea where he got it from. This was all super weird for me, I mean I haven't left my house in like 5 years and now this? It's crazy, welcome, but crazy.

"Hey guys, check this out" Jasper calls out from his spot on the dais, crouched on the floor by the wall. we go over and see some kind weird writing,

Αγριος
Εκφοβιστικό
Ερπετό
Τεράστιος

"What language is that?" I asked, It's the same one that's on the pendants, and it looked very familiar.
"Greek." Jack answers, Jasper and me turn to look at him, while Raina is studying the writing.
"how do you know-" Jasper asks "-Do you speak it?" he questions.
Jack shrugs "A little, Raina knows more than me, I can only speak a few sentences." he answered. I stayed silent, turning to look at the writing again. Why can I read Greek? I haven't studied it since my parents were taken from me, that was years ago, and yet I can still read it. Jasper also looked at the writing. Raina was tracing her fingers over the letters and whispering under her breath, before turning to everyone else.

"Agrios, Ekfovistiko, Erpeto, Terastios." she pronounced each word slowly, "that translates to Ferocious, Intimidating, Reptilian, and Enormous." she grabs a rock from the floor and writes the words out in the dust.

Ferocious
Intimidating
Reptilian
Enormous

It's probably a riddle of some kind. I don't like riddles. Raina continues speaking "Each of these words can be used to describe a dragon, and if you take the first letter of each word, and put them in order, it spells FIRE." she writes this down in the dust.
"So all we have to do is find a dragon and fire." Jack concludes. Really? Me, Raina, and Jasper look at him with the 'are you being serious right now' look. Then I remember the circles with the dragons stamped into them, with its jaw opened and how it looked as if the dragon was waiting for something to be placed there.