1 | The First Day

💔💔

💔💔

{MAY 2011}

{MAY 2011}

"SOFIA, YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

Camilla Donnelly glanced towards her watch and groaned as she realised she was going to be late if she didn't hurry. If she was being honest, she didn't plan on being late on her first day, however, the move to their new home in Virginia had been delayed and they had only arrived late yesterday afternoon. Having no time to unpack had meant it had taken her ages to find clothes to wear, but she had been relieved when she had finally found some clothes to wear.

"It's not my fault I have no clothing to wear," Sofia retorted as she made her way downstairs and headed to the kitchen. Camilla watched as her younger sister opening the fridge and looked in it before nodding as she closed it again, "Right, we also have no food."

"I have to go shopping, Sof. Come on, I'll stop at Starbucks on the way," Camilla said.

"Don't bother, I'll just get something at school," Sofia replied, as she walked past Camilla and headed out of the house. Camilla sighed as she grabbed her car keys before following her sister to the car, the two of them getting in before Camilla turned the car on and started driving.

"Sof, I know you're mad at me —"

"That's the understatement of the century. You made me move, again. We had just gotten settled before you decided we needed to move to Virginia."

"We moved because of my new job, and —"

"And because once again another letter showed up and you freaked out. Every time we get settled in a place, a letter shows up and you freak out and force us to move to a new town," Sofia snapped.

"I promise you that this time it's permanent, Sof."

"Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it," Sofia snapped in response. Camilla sighed softly as she continued driving, making a quick stop at Starbucks to grab some breakfast for herself and Sofia before she drove in the direction of the high school Sofia was going to be attending. When they arrived, Camilla stopped the car before grabbing her wallet and handing some money to Sofia.