C I N Q U E

"Levi, you can't just run away."

Mia sighed loudly and handed her son over to Kika, who looked pityingly at her best friend.

Lando and Mia were engrossed in a conversation with Carlos and Levi was suddenly gone.

So Mia called Kika to see if the little boy was perhaps with his Tia, but this was not the case.

Kika was immediately with Mia and together with Lando they started to search.

Mia was extremely relieved when Oliver called her name and had Levi in his arms.

"I have a new friend."

"Do you now?"

"Yess, his name is Charles."

Kika had exchanged a meaningful look with Lando while Miabella stared at her son in disbelief.

"He saw him?" asked Mia, looking at Oliver.

"He did, he also knows that you're here."

Lando sighed, "we knew that could happen so, we just have to deal with it."

Mia shot him a worried look, "he can't know.

"Can't know what?" asked Oliver curiously, but immediately fell silent as Kika shot him a piercing look.

Lando looked at the clock in the garage, "Oliver, if I were you, I'd run. Because the race starts in about an hour."

Ollie nodded gratefully to his friend and jogged off back to his garage.

Kika took Levi in her arms and said she would go with him to find a snack.

"Then I go walk around the paddock to see if I find anyone I know," Mia said.

Lando looked at the young woman sceptically, "you sure you want to do this?"

"I can't just hide away. He knows that I'm here, so I might as well just go enjoy the day."

With these words Miabella turned and walked further down the paddock, away from the Ferrari garage.

People kept greeting her, but to be honest Miabella had no idea who they were.

Mia stopped in front of the Alpine garage and looked at the familiar logo of the team.

She smiled slightly, 5 years ago she was also standing here and started her internship.

Miabella often thought back to that day, what if she hadn't taken the job.

She would never have met Kika or Lando and Pierre. Charles would never have appeared on her scene either.

Even though a lot of things went down the drain that year, she would never change her mind.

Because now she had Levi, her son, whom she loved more than anything.

Suddenly, Miabella caught a movement in the corner of her eye and a chill ran down her spine.

Slowly she turned to the side and stared straight into Charles' face.

Charles' eyes locked onto hers, and his face broke into a warm, genuine smile.

"Mia!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with surprise and delight.

He started walking towards her, weaving through the few people that had stopped as they saw the ferrari driver.

Mia felt a wave of scepticism wash over her.

She remembered well the pain of the last conversation.

She had not forgotten what Charles had said to her then.