1☾︎⋆˙

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌
𝐙𝐀𝐘𝐍
𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘
𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒
𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐎 𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒.

~~~~~~~~~

"Harry, Liam, get up you have to go in half an hour!" Elara yelled her daily ritual in an attempt to wake up her two sons.

Nineteen-year-old Harry groaned and rolled onto his stomach, while seventeen-year-old Liam slowly opened his eyes. He had been awake for an hour already but for his mum's sake, he pretended to be asleep.

"Haz, get up," Vincent sighed and stood in the doorway, next to his wife.

Liam's sleep deprived eyes scanned his parents. They looked cheerful and ready to start their day.

"I don't want to get up," Harry grumbled, covering his face with his pillow.

"Come on, Haz. You haven't got long to get ready." Vincent beamed at Liam. He could see the dark circles under his son's eyes and hid his concern.

"I want to see you both downstairs and ready in twenty minutes." With that task out of the way, he kissed his wife and left the doorway.

Elara watched while Liam sat up and swung his legs over the side of his bed. His gaze looked weary; she could tell he had been awake for longer than a few minutes.

When Harry sat up, they both climbed out of bed at the same time. Even though a two-year gap fell between them, they shared the same height, Clearly taking after their dad's tall frame.

The two brothers had to share the small room, but they liked it that way. Their parents made sure that they grew up with respect for each other and understood that family was the most significant aspect of their lives. Even though they shared, they acknowledged one another's privacy, and if one of them needed peace, the other would willingly give it to them.

Harry spent most of his time in the bathroom, prepping himself to look just right for college. He was popular, but that didn't matter much at his stage of education. It was almost vital in secondary school to be liked by other peers. Still, there was the occasional idiot who thought they could gain admiration by being the dominant pupil in the class.

While he took so long to get ready, Liam had to rush, and he hated mornings when he didn't have the time to wake up properly.

The boys eventually entered the kitchen to have breakfast. Elara and Vincent  stopped their conversation, starting a new subject rather abruptly.

"Your breakfast is on the table, eat as much as you can because we need to leave in 10 minutes." Vincent  always drove them to college. Elara usually left at the same time, but her work was in the opposite direction, so she used her car.

"What have you both got today?" she asked, tossing her brown hair over her shoulder.

"I've got two hours of sociology and then two hours of sports management," Harry sighed tiredly. He shoved a full crumpet into his mouth, earning a chuckle from his dad.

Liam ran a hand through his messy brown hair and rubbed his eyes. He was definitely not a morning person and would often prove it if he could sleep at night.

"What have you got?" she asked when Liam didn't say anything.

"Um," he hummed quietly, "I don't know."

Unlike Harry, Liam was very disorganised. He could barely remember whether he had homework or what subjects were on what days. He often had too many things going on in his mind.

"You can check in the car," Vincent  smiled, "but eat some more food before we go." His younger son started to fidget and avoid eye contact. Vincent  made a mental note to call him later.

"Right, I'm going to work, I'll see you all at dinner time." Elara leaned over to kiss Liam on the cheek. He smiled in her direction but avoided her gaze. She did the same with Harry and pecked her husband's lips. "Have a great day everyone."

"You too, love." Vincent  watched her leave. They met when Elara was twenty, and he was twenty-three.

A year later. She fell pregnant with Harry, so he proposed to her. They were madly in love and managed to raise their first baby without a single fault in their relationship. When they had Liam, they both had a steady income and could start to build their lives. Now, seventeen years later, they are still faithful to their happy family label and love each other just as much as when they first met.

Some would even say it's too good to be true.

"Come on boys. We should get going too." Just before they left, Vincent  turned to see what Liam was carrying. "Where's your bag?"

"Oh!" He quickly turned towards the stairs.

"We'll wait for you in the car!"

Liam staggered into the bedroom and spotted his bag on his bed. Hurrying over to it, he made sure it had everything he needed and hung it over his shoulder, rubbing his stinging eyes to keep himself together.

After taking a step back through the door, he paused when what had been troubling him for half a year entered his mind. He clenched his jaw and tugged on his coat sleeves, attempting to block it out, wishing he could have just one regular day.

For Liam, he believed that he was far from average. Yes, he had loving parents, a loving sibling, a warm home and a good education. Underneath the perfect shell that people see and judge him for, nobody knew about the voices.

Hi!

After a break I am back with another story.
I hope you will like it.