𝟎𝟑 things you can't outrun

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘.
❛ Thing You Can't Outrun ❜

ㅤThe first rule of truly living ─ do the thing you are most afraid of

ㅤThe first rule of truly living ─ do the thing you are most afraid of. Make mistakes, learn from them, and when life hurts you, because it will, remember the hurt. The hurt is good. It means you're out of that cave. The second rule of truly living is to live without fear. Easier said than done, but fear is a crippling emotion that can hold us back from living fully. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of the unknown... all of these can keep us trapped inside our own heads, unable to take risks or chase our dreams. But the good news is: fear is a choice. We can choose to face our fears or let them control us. And when we choose to face them, we will find that what we were afraid of was never as bad as we thought it would be. In fact, facing our fears often leads to growth, self-discovery, and the most meaningful experiences of our lives.

"All our work is gone," Bruce began, breaking the silence of the lab where the Avengers were gathered ── except Thor, who had gone out in an attempt to find any trace of Ultron. ── The remaining pieces of the robot were on a table and Tony stared blankly at the metal. "Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron..." Steve muttered.

The air in the room was thick with tension and Ella found herself unable to break it. She was still processing everything that had happened and felt hesitant to involve herself further in another Avengers matter. Despite wanting to help, she felt torn between doing what was right, or doing what her father thought was best for her. She knew she had the ability to help and felt it would be selfish of her to refrain from doing so.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance." Natasha stated. "Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

Rhodey stood up while holding his injured shoulder from the previous fight. "He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" He asked as he crossed the lab.

"Nuclear codes." Maria suggested as she looked at Rhodey, sitting in a chair while removing the shards of glass from her foot.

"Nuclear codes." He confirmed, leaving Ella thoughtful about it. "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha questioned, frowning.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve corrected her, making Ella scoff softly.