ch 11

Gabriel's P.O.V.

I'm sitting in my office when there's a knock on my door. "Come in," I grumble out. I raise my brow when Elena's doctor comes in.

"I'm fully done with my exam on Elena, and I thought you might like to know all of her injuries." I nod and gesture to the seat in front of me. The doctor sits down and takes out a folder. "She has two broken ribs, she broke her left arm, she has a concussion, she has a nasty cut on her cheek that I'm assuming will leave a scar, and she has many cuts and bruises throughout her whole body."

I take a deep breath before talking, "And how will I be able to help my daughter?"

"Well, for starters, make sure she takes her meds daily. I have a piece of paper here with the medicines she needs. You will be able to pick them up at your pharmacy later today. She has a brace around her stomach for her ribs; make sure it is removed every time she takes a shower or bath. She has a cast on her left arm that can not get wet, so I have a bunch of cast protectors that I will leave here with you. Because of her concussion, she is very sensitive to lights and sounds, so I would advise that lights be very low, curtains closed, and loud sounds not near her. That does include a television. I would also advise you to speak to your daughter about getting her a therapist, and in a couple of weeks, when the time comes, I would suggest you get her a physical therapist."

I nod my head with a slight frown—my poor baby girl. I excused the doctor, and he left the paper for me and the cast protectors. After a lot of thinking, I decided to check on my daughter. I leave my office and walk up the stairs to Elena's room. I take a deep breath, and then I knock on her door. "Come in." my daughter says quietly. I slowly open the door and raise a brow when I see Alessandro next to her, fast asleep.

"He's refused to leave my room." Elena sighs as she says this: "I even tried to bribe him."

I chuckle as I sit at the end of her bed, and she looks at me with a confused look. "I am so sorry I couldn't protect you. I have failed as a father. I couldn't protect you then, and I couldn't protect you now." I look away from her, not wanting to look into her eyes, but then I feel a small hand grab my hand, and my eyes widen as I look at her.

"It isn't your fault," she states. "You and my brothers have saved me."

I sigh. "If we were here. We could have protected you and-"

Elena interrupts me, "No, I mean from when I first started living here. You saved me, Dad."

My eyes widen, and I look at my little girl. "D-Did you just call me dad?"

Elena slowly nods, and I grin as I lean down and kiss her on the forehead. "Ti amo cosi tanto, mia dolce figlia (I love you so much, my sweet daughter)."

Elena smiles. "Ti amo anch'io, papa (I love you too, dad)."

I raise a brow. "I thought you couldn't speak Italian," Elena shrugs, and I chuckle. "Do your brothers know this?"

Elena shakes her head. "Only Romeo does, but could we keep it a secret from the others?"

I nod and then stand up. "I'm going to let you get some rest, but holler if you need anything, Lena, okay?" Elena nods, and with that, I leave the room, closing her door lightly behind me.

Elena's P.O.V.

My dad leaves the room and I try to reach for my phone but accidentally knock it off my side table. I sigh and try to get off the bed but instead I just fall off the bed and hit the ground with a huge bang. In less then five seconds Alessandro is kneeling next to me with wide eyes "Shit. Lena are you okay??"

"Well," I whisper "I'm laying on the ground so no, not really."

"Right." My brother mumbles and then puts a hand under my knees and one under my back. Alessandro picks me up bridal style and then gently sets me back down on my bed "what happened, sorellina (baby sister)?"

"I was trying to grab my phone but I knocked it off the table so I figured I'd just try to grab it myself.." I mumble.

Alessandro sighs and picks up my phone, handing it to me. He gently sits on the edge of my bed and frowns "you know you could have woken me up Lena."

"I know.." I whisper, "But, you looked so comfy."

Alessandro sighs and then looks over my thin body "Are you hungry? I can go make you," he glances at the clock on my side table that's next to my bed and then back at me "Lunch."

I slowly nod "I'm a little bit hungry. B-but it's okay y-you don't need to waste anything on me.."

Alessandro raises a brow as he stands up and starts towards the door "I'll be right back Lena." He walks out of my room and gently closes the door behind him.

Alessandro's P.O.V

I walk out of Elena's room and I gently close her door behind me as I turn and walk downstairs to the kitchen. I look through all of the cabinets before finally grabbing a box of Mac and cheese, Elena's favorite. I put a pot of water on the stove and then I lean against the counter as Nico walks in.

"How is she?"

"In pain." I mumble "Physical and mental."

Nico sighs and then looks at the stove "What are you making?"

"Mac and cheese. For Lena."

Nico nods and he's about to leave before pausing and turning back towards me "is she speaking?"

"She is."

"Thank god." He sighs "I'm going to go check on her." I nod as I turn back towards the stove.

Nico's P.O.V.

I knock on Elena's door and I hear a muffled 'come in' before walking in and closing the door behind me "Hey Lena." I say softly as I reach her bed where she is currently laying.

"Hi." She mumbles before looking back down at her phone.

I frown at her actions "Lena the doctor said you shouldn't be looking at bright screens."

She looks up at me, rolls her eyes, and looks back down at her phone "So?"

I raise a brow at her attitude "Now, is that any way to speak to your older brother?"

Elena sighs "I don't really care Nico. Now, can you go? I'm kind of in the middle of something."

I go to say something but think better of it and instead walk out of her room closing her door lightly. I have to go find father.

I reach fathers office and I knock loudly and open the door once I hear a loud come in. Father looks up at me from some paperwork with a raised eyebrow "Everything okay?" he asks.

I slowly shake my head "Not quite. Elena isn't listing to me, and she has an attitude."

"What do you mean by 'not listing'?" my father asks me.

"She was doing something on her phone, so I reminded her that the doctor doesn't want her looking at bright screens and she rolled her eyes, responded rudely, and continued on her phone."

My father stands up "I'll go speak with her."

Gabriel's P.O.V.

I knock on Elenas door before walking in. Elena is laying on her bed doing who knows what on her phone "Lena?' she doesn't even look up or acknowledge me "Sweetheart?" at that Elena slowly looks up at me with a slight frown. I walk over to her bed and gently sit down near the bottom "Is everything alright? Nico told me-"

She quickly interrupts me with a puff of air "Alright? Alright?! If you can't remember I was kidnapped and then tortured for days! So, no, I am not alright!"

I widen my eyes at her sudden outburst before completely melting "Oh, sweetheart, I know" I grab her into my arms like I use to do when she was a lot younger. I rock her back and forth as I hear and feel her sob into my shirt "It's going to be okay," I whisper "Your safe now and were never going to let anything else ever happen to our bambina piccola (little baby girl)."

I will protect my daughter if it's the last thing I do.