chapter 1 -- pilot

A/N -- this will be kind of close to the original first part just because i had no idea what to change here 
i still hope whoever reads this likes it 

updates will take a while bc im writing this of random freetime.

oh also because of the swap of Doll and Cyn now J/jade and Cyn are 'friends' i had no clue what to do to change this 

---                       ------                  --------                 -------                 ----------

"We are worker drones autonomous robots helping humans mine exoplanets for our interstellar company JCjenson in spaaaaaaaaace!" Neil says flailing arm wildly. "We might have been mistreated in the name of windex but we didn't revolt or kill all humans... mostly because they did it just fine themselves" he turns the google slide to footage of two humans blowing up a facility. He adds a light chuckle to up the atmosphere quickly before continuing.

"With biological life gone from the planet, we found it pretty easy to pick up where they left off. We finally had a future all to ourselves" He paused waiting for the next slide to go. It was malfunctioning so he ended up turning the screen off and just kept talking. Though he didn't look at anyone so he wouldn't mess up

"Our parent company didn't really like the idea of runaway AI so these murder drones were sent to murder innocent workers and stuff" he said then fidgeted with his shotgun in his hand then looked up "a-and what have we been doing all this time? Sitting behind three doors– well more like two doors since a murder drone can easily access the vents– but still we have no weapons against them except for my project..." he pauses and aims his shotgun in no particular place "this super cool laser shotgun!" he said making everyone gasp in shock

"Well it doesn't work yet– wait uh maybe it does! Who said it doesn't work? I bet it does watch!" Neil said powering up the gun.

A sigh comes out of the teacher as he looks at Neil "Neil the project was a word problem about buying watermelons." he said tiredly

"Oh and this machine to stop crazy murder drones doesn't count?" Neil says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No. Also anxious ramblings was only worth two points on the rubric, and is it meant to be that color?" he points to Neil's shotgun which was now a bright red.

The shotgun then exploded

...

"Aw biscuits my sticker" Neil said seeing that the cute dog sticker he put on the shotgun had gotten messed up because of the explosions.

He was sitting in the office area in thought with a bandage around his eye. He wasn't expecting the gun to blow up honestly! He just wanted to show it worked.

Jade and Cyn appear at the door "ew he didn't die" Jade said. Jade and Cyn started laughing at Neil, well Jade was laughing Cyn was just saying "giggle giggle" as they walked out.

After Neil kept fidgeting with their shotgun waiting for basically nothing before Violet walked up to him

"We are still going to the corpse tower thing for that part right?" she asked. Neil and Violet have been working on weapons to fight the disassembly drones for a while. Neil had his laser shotgun but Violet wanted something more: the toxin of an avian drone's claws. Or just nanites in general she didn't care. She wanted to have her own claws to fight off disassembly drones to 'make them feel the same thing the workers feel'.

"Yep! I just need to get that key and we will be just fine" he stood up " remember we need to wake up at three in the morning and be ready this time" Neil said as Violet started messing with the bandages "mhmm yep anyway what is this for? Did you blow your monitor out? If you did I want to see!" she said quickly getting closer to Neils visor, making him blush a bit.

He pushes Violet away "no it's basically just decoration..." he said before making his vizor look like sunglasses "but it does make me look like a super cool rebel" he said doing finger guns. Violet laughs before grabbing his arm "come on let's get ready to kill some murder drones!" she says dragging Neil down the hallway.