chapter 2 -- still at Pilot

Neil and Violet were ready they had everything Neil stole his dads keycard everything has been going to plan they just had to open this then–

"Now where do you think you're going?" Khan said eyeing Neil, Violet had put the fake claws on because she thought someone was going to attack her. Neil tried to think of an excuse "uh– me and Violet are sneaking out to... make out?" he said unsurely. Violet looks at him angrily before slapping the back of his head.

Khan looks at them then starts... laughing? He then stops "but seriously what are you two doing"

Violet pushes Neil to the side "we are trying to examine the outer parts of door one he–" she points to Neil "wants to be just like his old man so we are making a door for school" Violet was always way better at lying than Neil he should have just let her speak instead of embarrassing himself.

Khan looked at Neil "is this true?" he asked, sounding shocked at the idea his 'dumb' and 'icompantaint' son would want to be like him. "Yep! I also want to hide behind very breakable doors and play cards all the time!" he said oddly cheerily.

"Well we don't just play cards we–" Khan gets cut off by the other workers "Khan can you grab a fresh deck? We literally play cards so much that the numbers are fading" one says. Khan hits a button opening the door "my kid and this other child i've never seen are going to look at the outer mechanics of door one!" Khan looks to Neil and gives him a screwdriver "this is the screwdriver i used to make my first door! And the one I used to put your mother out of misery after the murder drones got to them with that nanite acid." he says then gestured to the door wanting them to leave.

"That worked way too well" Violet mutters as soon as they get outside they slowly go to the corpse wall making sure to be careful.

...tiny time skip...

A loud gust of wind sounds from the outside of the corpse wall Violet and Neil hide.

"You did great out there U!" one says happily.

"Ew dont say that '' U the weird purple emo drone said looking away from the smaller blue disassembly drone. U threw the discarded head of a worker drone, their face reading 'fatal error' on it.

"That bird one will be perfect" Violet whispered to Neil who was partly shaking. He didn't know they would have to attack a disassembly drone.

U stopped the other drone "Crows" she said. Crows looked at U then stared right at Neil and Violet. "Oh no" Neil muttered

Crows ran to tackle Violet, a large X appearing on their visor. Violet is able to get her claws out and starts clawing the underside of Crow's body. Crows picks up Violet and flies her into the sky leaving Neil and U

Neil immediately feels a sharp pain in his hand. He looked down slowly to see he had a nanite tail going through his hand. Neil then is thrown across the room, his shotgun being ripped from his hands. He is now trying to fight or confuse U just to get his shotgun back.

As U tries to claw Neil's face off he sees an opening and grabs his shotgun. He puts the power thing into his shotgun. U notices what he was doing and starts running at Neil before she sees Crow and Violet falling from the sky. Violet lands fine-ish in a pile of snow while U saves Crow.

Neil saw the opportunity to get both, he eyes his shot. Crows notices the power up but before they can react in time–

"I'm sorry" Neil shoots a powerful red beam.

. . .

Neil ran over to Violet "are you okay?" he asks, extending his hand to her. She starts laughing "haha– no i'm not my entire body is in pain right now" Violet says using Neils hand to pull him up.

As Violet walks over to Crow to grab some of the nanite acid from her claws they start to regenerate. "Neil, problem" she says quickly but they were too late

As the bots run some diagnostics one of U's visor parts turns red. Crow opens their eyes to see the two workers before nugging U awake.

"'Hello!" Crow said, she extended her hand "my name is serial designation C but i get called Crow because of the bird wings." Violet stairs at Neil confused "Are two new to our squad? You're a bit short for normal disassembly drones... I'm guessing you must be those bug drones I've heard– well read– about! Oooo they sounded so cool from what i've read!" they say.

U stops Crows when she hears Neil wince at the sting on his hand. "You already stung yourself? You know we have saliva that neutralizes those right?" U said, partly annoyed for basically no reason. Crow notices Violet's claws "oh you ran out of nanite acid? I do that all the time! I'm sure we have some in the pod!" Crow grabs Violet's arm and drags her to the pod.

"So uh by our saliva do you mean 'normal' disassembly drone saliva because my model doesn't have that-" Neil lies if there are some different types of disassembly drones there has to be one type with no nanite protecting saliva, right?

U uses her tail to point to the pod "lets go over there i can look at it" she groaned angrily. Neil just awkwardly did a thumbs up "sure i love doing anything!" he said.

A/n – sorry this is short and bad. I'm not really good at writing lol.