37.

"So what kind of event is this?" I asked as I was putting my dress on.
"A sponsor event, I don't know exactly" Lando was trying to button up his shirt but failed miserably.

I rolled my eyes as I walked up to him and started to unbutton his shirt. "Okay, I like that idea but we really don't have time for that baby" he smirked.

Even with dumb things like this he made me smile.

"I am helping you to look decent" I laughed. He looked down at his shirt. "Oh" he probably noticed how wrong he buttoned up his shirt.

"I would be so lost without you" he laughed. "That's a fact" I nodded.

I was lost without him too.

———————

Lando was right, this was a boring event. I was tired, so tired and all I wanted was to curl up in bed and sleep for 10 hours.

"Who would've thought we would be the plus ones for some boring sponsor event" someone said from behind me.
I quickly looked behind me to see Ryder.

I put my glass on the bar and wrapped my arms around him. I was always happy to see him, but especially now.

"Where's your plus one though?" I laughed. "Talking to some papaya people" Ryder said as he pointed at somewhere in the room.

"Yours?"

"Same" I sighed. Normally I would be standing next to him and talk to everyone as well but I just didn't feel like it today.

"Already regretting your decision I see" he laughed as he referred to my little scene at their wedding. "Never"

I would go to a sponsor event every day if it meant I had Lando for the rest of my life.

Not much later, our plus ones walked up to us. Lando kissed my cheek as he put his hand around my waist and Ryder did the same with Eve.

"It's still weird to see you with him" Lando laughed as he looked at Eve. Ryder raised his eyebrow. "I always thought you were into girls" Lando added quickly.

Eve started laughing and so did Ryder. I nudged his side softly. "I definitely don't like girls like that but you're right, I like Aimée much more than I like you" Eve answered and winked at me playfully.

"Same" Lando answered as he looked at me. "But she's mine" he pulled me a little closer.

I was his. I definitely was his.

Lando and I talked to some people of his team, to Zak and some people I didn't really remember what they did exactly.

"I am so tired baby" I yawned. The jetlag was definitely winning right now.
I don't know how he dealt with the jetlags so good. He seemed tired as well but he would never show it.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "You can go back to the room baby, do you want me to come with you?"

"No, you have to stay here, I'll go alone" I didn't want to keep him from doing his job. "You sure?"

"Very sure" I nodded. He pressed his lips against mine and kissed me quickly.

"We are going back too" Ryder said. He was holding Eve's hand and I was actually relieved they were going with me.

Ryder was staying in the room next to me, he always wanted to be as close as possible. I told him many times that it wasn't necessary anymore, that I had Lando to protect me but obviously he wasn't listening.

But in this moment, I was actually happy he was staying in the room next to me.
I was happy he would walk me back.

I couldn't even walk straight, that's how tired I was. I never experienced something like that.
It felt as if I could pass out every second.

I needed my bed. I needed to sleep. Now.