𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫

Your date progresses as smoothly as it can after Satoru leaves. You try to joke around and completely ignore the fact that Satoru is in the restaurant– It's hard to do when both of you constantly glance his way to see what he's doing, to see if he's looking over at you. You don't catch Satoru staring your way, but Suguru does. Of course, Suguru isn't going to comment on it.

Suguru suggests getting dessert elsewhere because the dessert at that restaurant sucks; it isn't true, Satoru took you there once years ago, and it was delicious but you agree. Neither of you want to stay there while Satoru is there. You get ice cream at a nearby place, and you feel like everything is going like it was at the very beginning of the date. The laughter isn't as forced and conversation feels more natural.

Your night must come to an end though, and you stand in the front of your apartment a little too early for your liking, but there's nothing else for you to do. You don't feel like the date can go any further, even though you had many more plans for tonight. It just feels like everything went south after Satoru walked to your table.

"So..." Suguru awkwardly stands with his hands in his pockets. He hates first dates because he has no idea how to end them. You sweetly smile at him, and he smiles back. "We should do this again."

"We should." You answer. And you awkwardly stand outside for a moment or so, before you muster up the courage to kiss his cheek. You unlock the door to your apartment and you wave at him, "We'll keep in touch then."

He tries his best to not smile like a fool while he waves back. You enter your apartment, and try to quietly shut the door, believing your son is asleep. But he isn't. He's on the couch watching a movie with his grandma who passed out right beside him. You walk over to them, grabbing the remote control and turning off the television. Unlike his father at that age, Ren doesn't throw a tantrum. His eyes go directly towards you and he runs your way, and you pick him up from the floor. You kiss his forehead.

"Did you have fun?" You ask, and he nods in response. He then looks at his grandmother who is fast asleep. He points at her and you chuckle in response. "What do you say, should we wake her or let her sleep on the couch?"

"I don't know." He shrugs, and you raise your brows.

"Well, is the couch comfortable enough to sleep on?" And maybe you shouldn't have asked because Ren finds any surface comfortable to sleep on, so of course he nods his head in response. You kiss his little face over and over again, and you ask, "You wanna sleep with mommy tonight?"

"Yeah." He answers, and you put him down on the floor.

"Will you get ready for bed and then go to my room while I wake up grandma?" You ask him, and he slowly nods his head. His tiredness gets to him, his eyelids getting heavier and heavier which makes it hard for him to keep his eyes open. He walks away and you attempt to wake your mom up.

"Mom." You half whisper, patting her shoulder to wake her up. You have to do so a couple of times before she finally opens her eyes. She takes a moment to gain consciousness and when she does, she frantically looks around. You laugh, and you're glad that it's something that you can laugh about since Ren is fine. "Ren is okay."

"Oh, I'm sorry, honey. I was so tired and he wore me down." Your mother apologizes and you assure her that it's okay; Ren is fine, there's nothing you can reprimand her about. Sure, it's dangerous to leave him unsupervised but Ren is a smart boy and she didn't fall asleep on purpose. "How was your date?"

"Guess who we bumped into?" You respond and she ends up sighing. Maybe she should've warned you against dating Satoru, but since she watched you two grow up together, she thought that maybe things would work out. But they didn't, and Satoru is entitled. He grew up spoiled, how could he not be? "It's fine. He walked away without saying a word anyway. I don't think he'll do much."