𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

"Happy birthday, baby." This time it's you who wakes up Ren in the morning, filling up his face with kisses. It's extremely early, but at this time Ren is in your room, yelling at you to wake up. It's surprising that the day of his birthday is the only day where he isn't awoken by the first ray of sunshine.

"Mommy?" Ren slowly opens his eyes, the first thing he sees is a big smile on your face. You proceed to repeat,

"Happy birthday, Ren." You feel his tiny arms wrap around you, and your heart swells with joy. You pull away from the hug and you tell him, "Breakfast is ready for you, baby. Just brush your teeth and then come out."

He doesn't need to be told twice, he rushes out of bed and goes to his bathroom. You can't help but chuckle, walking out of his room to ensure everything is okay. You woke up extra early this morning to decorate the house for him, and you want to make sure that everything looks like you had planned.

You hear the doorbell just as you walk over to the dinner table, and you know immediately who it is. You nearly run to the door to open it for him. You find Satoru, holding a gift that's almost bigger than himself. He comes inside, and you're shocked to find about five other people behind him, holding gifts that are all for Ren.

"Did you buy the whole store?" You ask him, and Satoru is too busy finding space for all his gifts that he can't answer your question. You're almost certain that it's a yes. You immediately feel as if you haven't done enough because you only got Ren one gift.

He already has everything, what more could he possibly get? Satoru always finds something that Ren could possibly need. You can't help but joke, "Do you have some car keys hidden in there?"

"It's Ren's birthday, wait your turn." Satoru says, and you laugh. The moment all the gifts are on the floor, the people that came with Satoru leave. The moment the door closes, he asks, "Where's Ren?"

"Bathroom." You answer, and you watch Satoru get impatient within seconds. He just wants to see his baby boy and congratulate him. You clear your throat and tell him, "Happy birthday, by the way."

"Thank you." Satoru smiles, almost forgetting that crucial detail. It's not only Ren's birthday, but his own. His priority is his son though, he couldn't care about himself at this moment.

"Also happy anniversary." You smirk, and Satoru can't help but roll his eyes. He's about to reprimand you for even saying it, but before he can open his mouth, he sees the miniature version of himself running to him. Satoru crouches down with open arms to welcome Ren's hug.

"Happy birthday, my baby boy." Satoru kisses the top of Ren's head once Ren is in his arms. He picks Ren up from the ground, and takes him to the table, where a delicious breakfast awaits him.

"Do you want anything for breakfast, Satoru?" You ask him, because it is his special day as well. Satoru shakes his head, watching Ren eat is sufficient for him. You watch Ren as he begins to eat, and you announce, "Ren, it's also your father's birthday. Congratulate him."

"No it's not, it's my birthday." Ren clarifies, not quite getting that two people can share the same birthday. Well at least not with their father. You both laugh before you say,

"It's also your dad's birthday." And you watch as the wheels turn in his head before he stands up from his chair and runs to his father. Satoru picks him up, and Ren kisses his father's cheek.

"Happy birthday, daddy." Ren has the brightest smile on his face, and it transfers over to Satoru. Satoru expected many things for his birthday, but celebrating with his now five-year-old wasn't one of them. Although it's the biggest gift for him, Satoru has stopped caring for his birthday– The day just lost its charm since his wedding, but now knowing his baby boy was on this special day, the day is the best day out of the whole year. He really thought the day would never be special again, but life really takes you by surprise.