Chapter 50: Necklace

-----

Old Man Kim laughed at his granddaughter trying to read him, "Little girl, don't even try it. You'll never be able to guess what the noble me is thinking"

Lisa: "..."

She could already guess what he was thinking. His expression said it all, but since she was a kind person, she'll not ruin his dignity.

Lisa noded her head, "Mm. No one can ever read you."

Hearing this, Old Man Kim stuck his chest out and his chin raised high.

Lisa pressed her lips together and smiled.

"Young Miss, where should we put all of these?"

Both Lisa and old man Kim turned to Housekeeper Kang .

Housekeeper Kang and a young soldier around 19 years old held the shopping bags from Lisa's car. Well, more like the young soldier.

"Set it down there." Lisa stood from her seat and pointed to the empty sofa.

Housekeeper Kang and the young soldier did what Lisa asked.

Once everything was set down, Housekeeper Kang dismisses the young soldier.

Just when the young soldier was about to turn and leave, Lisa was reminded of something. She calls out to the young soldier.

"Ah, I just remember something. Hold on."

He turned around hesitantly and point a finger at himself, "Miss... y-you mean m-me?"

"Mm"

Lisa at this moment was checking inside each bag, trying to find something.

The young soldier felt as if his soul had left his body. Sweat starting to form on his smooth forehead. He gulped and thought,

'Oh god! I didn't take anything! I swear on my innocent life that I didn't steal anything from the Miss!'

Old Man Kim sat quietly and his lip curl upwards as he observe the situation.

Housekeeper Kang was just as confused as the young soldier. He wanted to say something but he was only a housekeeper, so he decided to keep quiet.

Seeing Lisa still rummaging through the bags, the young soldier became even more nervous. His lips tremble in fear. He didn't know what was going on.

"M-miss, I... t-this one didn't t-take a-anything."

Lisa glanced at the boy indifferently, then she glanced back to the bags.

While Lisa continued to find what she was looking for, everyone else, besides Old man Kim, stood nervously. Not just for the young soldier but for themselves as well.

After who knows how long, Lisa's eyes lit up and a smile appeared across her face. She turned and faced the young soldier.

Being looked at attentively, out of habit, the young soldier straighten his posture and takes one small step forward with both his hands at his side.

Looking like the real soldier he is.

Lisa arched a brow at the boy. She wanted to laugh, but seeing how he turned so seriously, she decided to play along.

She place both her hands behind her back and look the young soldier in the eyes.

Lisa: "Name."

Young soldier: "oh soobin!"

Lisa: "How long have you've been in the army?"

Soobin: "12 months and 23 days! Miss!"

Lisa noded her head. She reached down for two shopping bags and handed it to soobin.