Chapter 2

"So, where are you heading after this? Do you still have your estate?" She asked, standing up to make some tea for the both of them.

“Yeah, I imagine it’s covered in spiderwebs and dust but after a good clean it’ll be back to it’s old self.” He replied, smiling while he watched her make him some tea.
He paused for a moment when she handed him a mug, she still knew exactly how he liked his tea.

“Why don’t you come with me?” He asked as Ophelia paused and looked at him in shock.

“What?” She questioned as he looked at her pale face.

“Do you really want to continue like this? Living alone in this dangerous apartment, working a job you can’t stand and having no one to take care of you? You could come with me, have your old room back and I could take care of everything, you wouldn’t need to work or anything.” He said looking to her with hopeful eyes as she stared at him.

“Uncle, I can’t do that. I have to live this life, it would just be quitting and giving up if I left here and just lived with you paying for everything. I couldn’t do that.” She whispered as he stood up and approached her slowly, she looked up at him from where she was sitting.
He smiled and cautiously reached forward and cradled her chin in his hand.

“You’ve been through so much, so much pain and heartache. Don’t you deserve a life where you’re taken care of?” He replied as he slowly sunk to his knees and looked up at her.

“Don’t you want me to take care of you like I used to? Remember? I’d buy you the best gifts, make sure you were always nice and safe. You'd have a big room, the best meals and anything you wanted." He whispered, Ophelia stared down at him, actually considering the offer.
But, she hadn't seen her Uncle in a long time, she had no idea what he was like now.

"I don't know, Robert." She muttered making him look at her in shock.

"I haven't seen you in so long and a lot has changed, I'm not just some kid anymore." She continued before Robert stood up and sighed.

"I know, it's been far too long. Why didn't you visit me when I was in there, sweetheart?" He asked, Ophelia stared down at the mug in her hand.

"I just wanted to forget about it all... After so many therapists and medications all I wanted to do was never think about it again. But, that's not fair for you. I'm sorry that I didn't visit." She whispered with remorse in her voice making her Uncle smile.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I understand, but I can't just leave you here. Please, come with me." He begged, going back to his knees and holding onto her hands.

"I can't, I have a life here." She muttered as her Uncle's face turned cold.

"Maybe I'm not requesting." He muttered making Ophelia look at him in shock.

"I never got to see you grow! I was supposed to take care of you after your father died, but I was taken away. You need to give me that chance again! I deserve it!" He shouted with anger evident in his voice, his hands gripping hers even tighter.

"Just stop, Robert! I don't want to go with you, you have the same look in your eyes that he always had." Ophelia shouted back before Robert looked at her with utter anger in his eyes.

"Don't you ever ever compare me to my brother. I'm taking care of you and you don't have a say in this." He growled as Ophelia felt her entire past coming back to her like a freight train.
Robert stood over Ophelia with an angry look on his face.

"You'll see it my way one day, little one. So, please forgive me for this." He muttered as Ophelia looked at him in fear.
Robert turned around and pulled something out of his pocket as Ophelia stood up and backed away.

"Robert, please just think this through." She muttered before Robert lunged at her and pinned her against the wall, covering her mouth with a cloth doused in chloroform.
He watched her eyes close gently as he held her up.

"I hope you can forgive me one day, my sweet girl."