Chapter 32

I almost couldn't believe last night's events. Theo and I had finally kissed. I knew there was something there between us, but I wasn't sure if I was feeling it too. But, last night changed everything.

"I don't want to go back to school," I complained, as I wrapped my hand around his arm and leaned my head on his shoulder.

I was glad nothing was awkward between us. After our kiss, we had spent most of the night talking and laughing with one another, until we were both so tired we could hardly keep our eyes open. In the morning, we both met up for breakfast in the kitchen, and for the rest of the day, we had been by each other's side either reading, taking pictures, or sipping tea in the living room by the tree.

"At least it's Hogwarts you're going back to," he smiled, as he placed a kiss on top of my head. I just sighed, as I nodded in agreement.

Earlier that morning, my parents had finally made the decision to send me back to Hogwarts with some precautions. I was to be send a letter at least once a week, updating them on any nightmares or news, and I was to abide by the curfew, which I knew was going to be impossible for me.

"Have you thought about what everyone will think?" I asked, as I turned and looked up at him. I watched as he set the book down he was reading, and furrowed his brows at me. "Florence, everyone knows how I feel about you," he smiled, and I just offered him a puzzled expression.

"Wait, really?" I asked, and he just began to laugh. "Yes. You were the only one who couldn't get the memo," he joked, and I just nudged his side playfully.

"Apparently so," I smiled, as I grabbed his book and set it aside. "I won't make that mistake again," I offered and he just smiled, before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you, Flo," he smiled, breaking away for just a moment.

"And I love you, Theo," I smiled, before returning my lips back to his.

But this time, I knew it wasn't the type of love I felt for him all those years as a friend. It was true, genuine love. The kind I never expected to feel for him. It was almost like I was introduced to a different world, and I never wanted to leave.

Except, I would. And no one would have ever seen it coming.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Do you have everything you need?" my mother asked, as I pulled the suitcase behind me. "Yes, mother. For the one hundredth time, I do," I laughed, as I pushed my way through the crowd of excited students and frantic parents.

"There you are," Theo smiled, as he offered me a kiss on my cheek. "I'll find a room on the train before it gets filled," he offered, before he took my luggage and said goodbye to my mother. Watching him leave, I quickly turned back towards her to see her smiling from ear to ear.

"What?" I blushed, as I began to walk towards the train. "I knew there was something special between you two. I just never knew when it would begin," she admitted, as she pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"We're taking things slow for now," I added, as I offered a farewell hug. "Be good, Florence. We'll see you soon," she sighed, as she wrapped her arms around me tightly. I couldn't help but feel like something was off by her words, and as I stepped back to say goodbye, I noticed her eyes had grown watery.

"Go. Before you miss your train," she said, as she plastered on a fake smile. Shrugging the feeling off, I quickly made my way into the train to find Theo. As I walked through the long corridor of the train, I suddenly began to hear familiar voices and laughter. Looking in one of the rooms, I watched as Hermione and Harry laughed over at Ron, who seemed to be embarrassed by something.