6

I finally came to a stop after an hour. I sat down in a place we're no one would find me I just cried. My heart still aching how could he do this a-and my m-mom loved him.

As I cried I heard a soft voice.
Boy: are you okay?
Y/n: oh Um don't worry about me how about you you look so young we're are your parents?
Boy: oh my name is mike.
Y/n: well my name is y/n mike we're are your parents bud.
Mike: oh they are at home I come here often to clear my mind.
Y/n: do they know your here?
Mike: yeah well I'm going home goodnight y/n.
Y/n: goodnight mike.
As I watch him walk home I knew he was no older than 7 or 9. I lost track of time and drifted to sleep.

~~~~
3 months later
A soft jerk from mike woke me up.
Mike: Y/n wake up come on.
Y/n: what is it mike why are you shaking me?
Mike: it's my birthday!!
She shouted.
Y/n: really how old you turning.
Mike: I'm turning 10!!
Y/n: oh so the big double digits.
Mike: yeah
Y/n: Mike what time is it?
Mike: 7:30 in the morning.
I chuckled and sat up. I haven't went home yet it's been 3 months. Mike brought me 3 blankets and a pillow. He also brought me a hair brush that his mom 'lost'
Y/n: Mike?
Mike: what's up?
Y/n: would you be upset if I went home.
He just looked down with out saying a word.
Mike: will you ever come see me?
All the time I get the chance bud.
Mike: will you forget about me?
How could I forget about my best bud.
I laughed and elbowed him gently.
Mike: then no I wouldn't be upset as long as your happy and don't ever forget and come see me again.
He was smiling which made me smile.
Y/n: I'm going home today Mike.
He looked at me and sighed.
Mike: okay.
He smiled but I could tell he was sad. So I hugged him.
Y/n: don't worry hun I'll come back just set us up a hang out spot for only me and you.
Mike hugged me back.
Mike: of course I will.

With that I got ready and started walking away while Mike walked to his home.

~~~
I was walking in the neighborhood almost to the Curtis house when I decided to scare them instead. I heard the gang walk out.
Darry: pony you look around the church maybe she knew the way there and just got lost, Dally you and buck look around the whole neighborhood, Johnny two and soda look outside of the neighborhood.
I smiled at the thought they were looking for me. But my smile quickly faded when I realized how long they must have been looking.
Pony: what if them damn socs say the saw her when they are just playing mind tricks on us I'm really worried about y/n.
Dally: aye man will find your future girlfriend.
Pony smiled. Wait pony liked me. I decided to not scare them but instead when the left wait for them in there house.

Word count 553