2. Dressed like a rose

I was being fitted by ladies with the colors of green & gray, "I am dressing in York colors." I state, "They are the rulers now my lady, you must dress to please them."

Bridget answered me, I noticed something different about the green and gray one. "Bridget?" "Yes, my lady?" She asked, exhausted by my voice, "What does a wedding gown look like?" "Whatever do you mean?" She asked me, I pointed to the other gowns that were hanging,

"Those are gowns, this one is different from them. Am I to be married and then taken to the king's bed?" "I have no idea, my lady." "Call me sister after it Bridget, you might be illegitimate but you're still my sister." I looked in the mirror and saw from behind me Bridget smiling, "Yes, my lady sister."

I was given many exquisite options with the dress I was in and was happy till a thunder called Edmund Beaufort stormed in, "Your grace." I said before my ladies, acknowledging the imbecile duke who stood behind me, "Your grace." My ladies said with a curtsy, "Sister," He said to me, "Is her gown almost ready? We need to get to court as soon as possible according to the king."

"It will only be a day ride brother." I said in an singing voice, "A long one that feels like a neverending winter with you." I rolled my eyes at his words, "Why is the king court so close to us I wonder?" Bridget asked, "During the summer the king and his court moves from London to a different part to escape sickness." Edmund answered her.

"And they will move back after Catherine's marriage." He added the new information, "I am to be married? So I was correct then, I am to be wedded to a Marquis and then bedded by the king!" I yelled at the offense of what I was being told, "Not exactly sister, you are to wed the Duke of Gloucester." "Richard? The kings brother? He is as loyal as hog!"

"Exactly dear sister, if he was to want the affections of another he couldn't leave you stranded, he is loyal to you and the king." I heard his reasoning, "And will you be loyal to York or Lancaster?" I asked him, "Leave us." He said to the ladies, they looked nervously but did it as they were bid.

"I am a true Lancaster," He said to me plainly, "But you must surrender your red rose for a white one and when the time comes for us to put Henry back on the throne you will be forgiven by Margaret of Anjou out of love for our father." He said to me, "And if Lancaster loses, do I lose you?"

I felt tears prickle my eyes as I said it, he stepped closer to me and grabbed my hand, "You will never lose me dear sister, but if we do plead for my life, say Margaret of Anjou is a witch and that she enchanted me to join Lancaster."