Chapter Six - Friends?

- Jennie Pov -

"Does she not like me?" Chahee ask after Jisoo goes outside.

I have no idea what just happened, but I've never seen Jisoo so uptight and rude. Maybe she just had a bad day at work? I mean why else would she act like that...

"No, she's just kinda like that. don't take it personal." I mean, it's true, she is an asshole on a regular basis.

"She's always like that?" Chahee lets out a sarcastic laugh as she says that. "How do you live with her?"

I fight the urge to roll my eyes when she says that. "I don't live with her because we are friends or anything, it's an arrangement." I explain.

"Oh, okay, that makes more sense." Chahee's tone almost sounds relieved we aren't friends. Why would Chahee care?

Chahee slides her hand that has been resting on my thigh a little higher causing me to look down.

When did her hand get so close...

She leans in and places a soft kisses on my lips, I return it at first, but then my eyes shoot open looking out on the balcony. Jisoo is leaning against the railing smoking a cigarette.

Ugh. Now this kiss is ruined.

I pull away noticing the disappointment on Chahee's face. "Sorry, I'm just really tired after today..." I say.

She gives me a soft smile before placing a kiss on my cheek and standing up. "Get some rest, I'll text you later." I give her a soft smile as she leaves my apartment.

How is it that Jisoo managed to ruin my kiss without even looking at me? Ugh this is so annoying. And just look at her, staring out into the city with half a cigarette in her hand. So pretentious. In a wave of annoyance I get up and walk out onto the balcony with her.

She immediately turn her head to greet me, but instead of her usual arrogant smile, she gives me nothing. Not even a second glance.

I walk over to her and take the cigarette out of her hand. At first she didn't know what was happening so she just let it happen, giving me a curious look. But when she sees me bring the cigarette to my lips and take a hit, she instantly reacts by grabbing my wrist and pinning me to the railing.

The look in her eyes is so intense it's almost scary. She pulls my wrist closer to her and takes the cigarette. Strangely she doesn't continue smoking, instead she throws it over the railing. I guess it was more of a toss, but throw sounds more dramatic...

"That's littering." I say still consumed in how close she is to me right now.

"And you're reckless." She isn't grabbing my wrist anymore, she's not even touching me, but for some reason I feel so powerless. My hands are tightly wrapped around the railing behind me, while hers rest beside the.

I can't look away, I can't even move. Part of me doesn't want to. Her leaning in just enough to drive me crazy, those dark brown eyes filled with an even darker desire.

It's intoxicating.

"What do I have to do to get it in your head that drinking and smoking and fucking partying does nothing but worsen your condition-" her tone is low but rough.

I hear what she's saying but I can only see her lips moving.

"You could make me." I say testing the waters. She so obviously wants something right now. Why not make it harder for her to not do something about it?

"Make you?" She sounds both confused and frustrated. She knows exactly what I mean.

"Make me not drink... or smoke... make me be a good girl..." The look on her face is so satisfying.  She clenches her jaw as she stares at me with such anger, such intensity. Maybe even something else...