Prologue

Lee Deok-mi was the same teenage girl everyone knows. She liked music and books, had good grades in school and was liked by people, despite not being popular and having only a few friends.

Her brother, Heeseung, was the popular one. Girls falling to his feet, his good-looking face and body, good grades, captain of the basketball team, and, of course, was part of the popular group of boys in school. He would never be seen without one of his friends by his side, his loyals comrades.

Even though in other stories the popular brother would despise and bully his 'young and nerd' sister, this was not the case. Heeseung pretty much loved his younger sister, he would spoil her with her favorite candies and let her wear one of his team jerseys so she could cheer him up during his games.

There was only one thing that he would reject to his sister, meeting his friends. He was not the spoiled type, nor even a bad guy like in the cliches, but his friends were popular and kind of dickheads, just like the stereotypes for teenager boys in highschool.

Deok-mi was quiet but not an antisocial, she simply didn't like being around people that much, but still had her circle of friends and was polite and kind to whoever talked to her.

She has a normally quiet personality, is very observant and has a sharp tongue, sarcasm coming out of it 95% of the time, just as commonly as water flows in a river.

Heeseung is pretty and popular, which means in the cliches Deok-mi would be ugly and antisocial, completely the opposite to her brother, but that is not true.

She has a long wavy black hair, that shines in a dark blue color in the light. Fox shaped chocolate brown eyes that showed a strong gaze and heart shaped red-ish full lips. A mesmerizing sight, right?

Everything was as fine as it could get. That is, until the apocalypse started when she was in her 3rd period, having just changed to PE class. People started to die and she got lost from her friends, not even knowing where her brother was or how she could survive.

Her only weapon was a baseball bat that she grabbed from the gym in a moment of fear, needing to get away from an amount of 3-5 zombies that were turned in the locker room, leaving her all by herself since the others were either killed or ran away in a desperate try to survive, not having gone that far, actually.