Chapter 3: The Future of Heroes

Knowing the future is scarier than knowing the past.
Because you don't know anything about tomorrow. Anything is inevitable.

Many people said that it was better not to know about the upcoming events. Because it could cause paranoia and sudden fear.

Unfortunately, I don't have the power to block my vision.

In all my life, I thought that I was talented and that my imagination was endless.

I didn't realise that the child I was supposed to kill in my story was actually me.

How did I come up with that conclusion?

It happened when I took my family with me to the what remains of my orphanage. I wanted to bust the place to pay respect to everybody I've known who sadly didn't make it alive during the war.

When we came, I decided to venture inside to reminisce about the greatest time that I had.

It was all ruins; there was nothing left about this place; vines were growing on the walls; holes were exposed in every place; and fractures were present everywhere.

As I walked, I suddenly stumbled upon a sealed storage chest covered in dust and spider webs.

I got curious because it was still sealed after all this time. When I manage to open

I saw something that caught my attention.

There was an old child garment lying inside, and when I looked at it, it reminded me of something.

In the story of Adam, the first superhero, and the Day of the Awakening, there was this boy who unfortunately died from the blast. This boy wore the same attire, exactly the same as the one I found inside the storage case. A shirt with a vertical yellow, orange, and white stripe Blue overalls and an old brown pilot's hat with goggles. Exactly the same as in the story.

The first time I wrote it, it didn't have any inspiration in terms of design; I didn't use any examples because they were all in my head.

When I checked the shirt, I noticed a big burn mark behind the shirt. It was the same place where the child in my story got hit, and I then came to the realisation that I was the child in the story because I too have the big burn mark behind my back.

During my childhood life in the orphanage, I always wondered who my parents were. I felt alone and scared. I thought that my parents may have left me behind or that something bad happened to them, but in reality, it was me. When I discovered the whole truth, I felt staggered; it felt like a heavy weight suddenly fell on my back.

How should've I reacted?
Of course, I am not happy, but rather shocked and flabbergasted.

It also proves why my stories are considered one of the best because they weren't fake but real; I was witnessing them from a distance.

All those stories I wrote happened in different universes.
I witness their successes, their wishes, and their failures.

It didn't feel like writing about it; I felt so ashamed of myself because I was writing about the life of a real person. I felt like I was trampling on someone else's life, that I was using their success and failure as fuel for my career. I felt ashamed of myself.

My vision started to become more crude because, recently, I started to witness events that were not suitable for the public eye.
For example, one of the
The story features a group of young, inspired superheroes trapped in a school for promised heroes and forced to kill each other.

Another man, ridiculed by society, chose to reshape the rule of the city with a creepy smile.

And another one, which is clearly not a real superhero, is about a deranged serial killer with no face who kills around other people.