Chapter 2

The room seemed even warmer than before and the murmurs about the nocturnal visitor continued throughout the evening. The dark figure fell onto the bed in the room without first taking off her black hooded cloak. It was dark and the moon shone brightly through the room. It had already reached the second quarter and the full moon would be in a few days. The dark figure stared out the window, lost in thought, while from the depths of the hood, two bright orange eyes stared into the night sky. She stuck her hand into the darkness of the night sky. Long sharp claws, as if they wanted to touch the stars. The sounds of the forest, the rustling of the leaves, everything was dark outside the window. She turned over and curled up tiredly on the bed. The window remained open.

"Maybe I should check things out..." It was 9:00 in the morning, in the small bar near the train platform. The innkeeper thought again about the events of the previous evening. The strange, tall figure dressed in black . She had paid well, but that didn't change the fact that he still didn't know her identity. He wiped the counter again and then slowly went up the stairs. After a moment's hesitation, he knocked carefully on the room door. , "Sorry sir, I just wanted to ask if you were okay and if you needed anything. They disappeared so quickly yesterday that I didn't even have a chance to ask what their names were." Silence. He waited outside the door for a few seconds, but then made his way downstairs because he wanted to open his bar straight away. In a village like this, the first people come here to drink even in the morning.

He had already gone down a few steps when he heard the slight creak of a door behind him. He immediately stopped and slowly turned around. The door to the black figure's room, in front of which he had just stood, was now ajar. Nobody was there. The older man carefully walked back towards the room and knocked on the door frame. "Forgive me, sir, if I woke you up. Is everything okay with you?" again no answer. "Sir, I'm getting worried, I'm coming in now." He took another deep breath, then slowly entered the room. It was empty. The window was wide open and the bed, although made, still looked used. It was very cool in the room. The window was probably open all night. He was walking towards the window when he saw something lying on the dessert table out of the corner of his eye. It was a piece of paper and a few coins. Surprised, he took both in his hand. He had paid again? Continuing to think, the older man took a closer look at the piece of paper. The following was smeared on it in untrained, scraggly handwriting: "Don't worry, I'm fine." There was something there. On the trunk of a tree that was only a few meters away from the window, large scratch marks can be seen in the bark. How is that possible? Did he make them? Shaking his head, he walked out of the room towards the front door to get it Bar now to open. The first men started impatiently banging on the door. After this incident the day went on as normal but something couldn't get out of his mind. What had happened to the man and did he really create those scratches?