- Prelude -

yall I swear I'm not the type of person who just posts new stories and never finishes them i̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶b̶e̶ 

BUT ANYWAY!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY THERE IS GOING TO BE AN ANIME FOR MAHOYAKU I CANNOT EXPRESS MY EXCITEMENT.

while I use the male Akira when playing the game, I'm going to use the female Akira for plot reasons in this fanfic and I love it when girls interact with girls so that's a W for me.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FIC IS VERY SPOILER-HEAVY. VERY. SPOILER HEAVY. IT MAY CONTAIN HEAVY SPOILERS FROM MAIN STORIES 1, 1.5 AND 2 ALONG WITH SOME REFERENCES FROM EVENT STORIES LIKE「AISHUU NO HIMAWARI NO ETUDE」AND OTHER EVENT STORIES. my knowledge of event stories is very limited because I've been pretty on and off with my activity in this game, but I have played it bit by bit for years and love it.

but because of this, I'm only going to post a prelude here and continue it maybe when more people have either played the game, watched a playthrough of the story or do not mind spoilers OR maybe when the anime release date gets closer because the only news we have is that it'll be in production.

I've always wanted to write a mahoyaku fic but it's been pretty difficult trying to study the personalities of each of the characters and note their way of speaking, NONETHELESS I really love how this story is written in the game it's so beautiful everyone has to try it PLEASE thanks

also stan faust.

---

「Social isolation is a simple method of drowning. It may feel peaceful when you first dip your feet into the shallow yet frigid brink of the sea, submerging yourself closer and closer towards the bottomless body of water. You would have enough time to escape from the screams and shattering of glass right above you, but once you get too comfortable you'll be nothing more than the monster's next dish」

.·:·.✧ 🪞 ✧.·:·.

I wish I didn't have asthma...

Curled into a ball, the witch slowly fluttered her eyes open to welcome herself into a world of blue. Her long ash persian-blue hair gently danced around her field of sight, and she nonchalantly studied the schools of fish that were darting their way through the ocean depths in utter panic. The witch lowered her gaze towards an emerging predator from the darkness, its body luminescent as it drew closer towards her. She simply stayed silent without breaking any eye contact.

That's a high-grade sea chimera. Those bioluminescent scales across its back look extremely intriguing.

With a brief nod to herself, she liberated her tucked knees and pushed her hands towards a camera strapped across her shoulders.

Those scales...I want it.

Slowly, she brought the camera's viewfinder and aligned her eye –– her lips puckering as she examined the sea chimera lunging itself at her with incredible speed. Due to its enormous body, she felt the pushing waves against her from the depths of the ocean.

One...Two...

The sea chimera threw a thrilling shriek, lifting its sharp claws and began to swing its entire weight at the witch holding the camera.

Three.

Her finger pushed the singular round button followed by a loud shuttering sound and a flickering beam of light embracing the monster before her. Removing her eye away from the viewfinder, the witch spiralled upwards and flapped her legs to resurface from the ocean.