三十六Thirty-Six三十六

Chapter Thirty-Six: What Are You?
W/C: 1870

"I sent Kyōjurō home, he's not finishing the mission with us." Miyake said casually, drying his shower wet hair.

Uzui's head whipped to the side as he sat down at the tea table, "What? Why?!"

Miyake's eyes were dark, "Do you really want to know why?"

{*}

In the tense atmosphere in the Kyōgoku House of the Entertainment District. Zenitsu, dressed in his gaudy feminine clothes and makeup walks through the long halls. The halls of the mansion reflecting the halls Zentisu was traveling through in his mind, a maze in his thoughts.

"It seems like I lost sight of who I was. I was supposed to be looking for Uzui's wife, Hinatsuru. What good would it do to hone my shamisen and koto skills?"

He clenched his fists, "Still, what am I going to do? I've been all ears since I got here, but I haven't heard a word about Hinatsuru. It was two days ago that the owner of this House passed away, huh? Everyone's gloomy, and they're keeping their mouths shut."

"Get that for me, will you?"

"I can't find my sash!"

"I'm so hungry. Has the hairdresser arrived yet?"

Zenitsu stops at the doors, listening carefully to the room of prostitutes. Each speaking up a thought of their own, it felt like chaos. Zenitsu's head snaps toward a distinct sound.

"We have a crisis." Zenitsu's whispers, "A young girl is crying."

At the Ogimoto House of the Entertainmenr Distrct, Inosuke continues to investigate Makio's disappearance. Inosuke clatters around the halls, staying uncharacteristically silent, he notices a tray of food sitting outside of an eerie door.

"That must be the food that woman left. So it means that's Makio's room, huh? It's odd... It feels so odd! Is she in some kind of trouble now? I can't tell. I'm getting this slimy, creepy vibe, but..."

Inosuke growls, "Tsk! Sitting here thinking and not doing a thing... isn't my style!"

Inosuke cautiously opens the doors to Makio's room. The crisp and empty room was covered in papers, Inosuke assumed they would have to be letters then.

Inosuke feels a cold breeze on his body dance against his kimono, "The wind... even though the windows are closed... The attic..."

"Grr... Hey, damn you!" Inosuke grabs what was supposed to be Makio's bowl of udon, he rashly throws it up at the ceiling, "I'm onto you!"

As the ceiling begins to shake violently, Inosuke puzzledly looked at the trembling boards of wood, "What? It's clattering around in the ceiling!"

Inosuke can tell that the demon is on the run, he growls out rabidly and rushes out of the room, following the demon out of the hall, "It's a demon, just like I thought! Where's it heading? Where's it running off to?!"

Inosuke pushed the woman off to the side, "Out of my way! I'm not letting you get away!"

As his feet travel quickly against the tatami floors, Inosuke slams open the door where the woman are getting ready, she screams with fright as the doors are wide open. Inosuke rushed past the prostitute and the attendants aiding her, and he crashed through a door towards another hallway.

"Oh my gosh!!"

Another one yells, "Whats going on?!"

{*}