Part 13

Thrash now was a young teenager, and in his heart was only pride and wrath and desire for more and more power. He did not take after his older brothers at all. He did not question the way that things were at all. He relished in the power that he held over others. The little boy that was once there was gone.

Thrash was travelling through his father's kingdom with Mamon trailing behind him. The two came to the humble room of one Yemar couple, who had two young children named Aldo and Sakava. Thrash demanded that they host them, and that they prepare a great feast for them.

And so the Yemar family did, taking from the ingredients that Thrash had provided for them. But Aldo made a mistake when preparing the food, as children are wont to do. He was a child, after all.

But Thrash grew very enraged at this. And he threatened to kill the family. But he said that they could appease him by giving him their children.

And so they did. And so they had to.

Mamon took the two children close to them and whispered in their ears that Mamon would always protect them for as long as they could. Mamon knew the pain the children were feeling intimately. They themself had felt it. Their children had felt it. And now these children would as well.

Mamon promised to teach them how to trick the Uzras, and what great power a trick was.

Mamon, Thrash, Aldo and Sakava then came upon a cave. In there Thrash decided to make camp for the night. And so the three Yemars set up the tent and they went to sleep.

But Sakava and Aldo could not get to sleep without their parents. They were very afraid. So Mamon held them close and decided to show them a trick.

They took their mind out of their body and fashioned it into another form, a Yemar that glowed just the slightest bit light blue. They then made that form sleep on the rocks and snore loudly. The snoring was so loud that it awoke Thrash.

Thrash was so enraged that he struck the sleeping Yemar with his great sword. But the sword missed, and it hit a mountain instead. Thrash swung his sword again. And again it missed, and it hit a river. Thrash tried again a third and fourth and fifth and sixth and seventh time. But he kept missing.

Mamon and the children hid their laughter, Mamon's hand glowing blue behind their back, manipulating Thrash's sword so that it always missed.

After this encounter in the cave, Thrash and the Yemars set off again, Thrash in a bad mood.

It was not until much later that they encountered a large castle. And Thrash knew not who owned the castle. But he knew it probably wasn't one of the Uzras, or else he would have known about the construction of such a grand building. He took the trio of Yemars into the building. And there they saw once again the mysterious Yemar from the cave.

She welcomed the four to her abode, acting as if she was a grand and powerful figure. This disquieted Thrash a lot, and he stated that he was the great and mighty Thrash, son of the All-King Karkion.

The lady said that he might be powerful in his own domain, but this was her domain, and she would wager that he couldn't hold his own against any of her people. She looked up at him with mischief in her dark eyes and she smiled smugly.

Thrash felt a great anger in his heart, and knew he had to prove himself to this supercilious Yemar. And so he told her to bring him any challenge, and he would overcome them all.

The lady agreed, and she brought out a large drinking horn. She explained that all her people were able to drink the wine in this horn in three sips. If Thrash could do the same, he was equal to them. Thrash of course took the horn and started to drink with all his strength.