Chapter 9

The two krakens swim up to the entrance of the kingdom and the door starts to glow the same colour as Reuben and it opens as the two swim inside. They then entered a room with different shades of gold and turquoise. 

"Whoa. Awesome," Reuben says looking around.

"Yeah, I know what you're thinking. It's a little over the top. But you know royals," Brill said.

"Royals? You mean my grandmother's a...," Reuben says.

"A queen!" she yells as she swims down from the ceiling. 

"A warrior queen, Ultimate Lordess, Ruler of the Seven Seas, et cetera, et cetera. Give me a hug," she says as she hugs Reuben tightly.

"So tight," Reuben groans in the embrace.

"Oh," Brill says as he outstretches his arms for a hug as well.

"Not now, Brill. It's Reuben's time now. You said you'd be okay with it, huh?" Grandmamah reminds.

"Of course, Mamah. I'm not that needy, so...," he says as he floats away.

"I can't believe you're my grandmother," Reuben says as he gestures to her in shock.

"Please, call me Grandmamah. You seem surprised by the level of general majesty and royal splendor," she says.

"I definitely wasn't expecting the whole queen thing," Reuben says rubbing his neck.

"Your mother never told you you were royalty?" she asks.

"I guess it was another tiny omission," Reuben says angrily, scoffing.

"Tiny omission?! Agatha!" Grandmamah yells as the whole palace lights flicker and she lets out a green pulse throughout the ocean. 

"Don't worry. I go to therapy now. I see a wise hammerhead shark on Wednesdays and Fridays, and I've let my rage go. Away, rage. Ah, cookies. Help yourself, Reuben," she says as Reuben picks up one.

REUBEN: Mmm. They're really... they're really good. A little mushy.

"I made someone make them myself. Now, talk to your grandmamah. Tell me everything. Was it horrible living among the hairy crust dwellers?" she asks as the two swim through a door.

"You mean people?" he asks

"Even the word makes my tentacles squirm," Grandmamah exclaims.

"People are kinda nice, actually. I have a couple of friends. I asked a girl to prom, but, you know, it... it did not go great," he said confidently before rubbing his neck at his last statement.

"Well, deary, you can put all that behind you. You're made for bigger things. Come with me," she says.

The two swim float down the tunnels and land in the centre of the kraken kingdom where all the krakens were swimming around and saw Reuben and started to exclaim in joy.

"I see him. It's Reuben."

"Whoa. It's Reuben."

"It's him."

"Look, it's the prince."

"Is this actually him?"

One of the kraken children swims up to Reuben and hands him a small bouquet of flowers.

"Aw. Thank you," Reuben says smiling.

"Is that Reuben?"

"Look, look. It's him."

"He's so handsome."

"Hi, Reuben."

"Fellow krakens, here at last is my grandson. After 15 years, Prince Reuben has finally returned home to be my successor," Grandmamah announces as she pushes Reuben into the throne chair as he gives her a confused look.