Prologue

I walked into the mangers office.

"Kassandra, please... Take a seat." Gareth said. Nervously. He was never nervous, ever. So it made me nervous, naturally.

I had just gotten back from every footballers worst nightmare. A torn ACL. I had missed a whole season, but at least I felt 100% again. Thankfully.

When I sat down Gareth wasted no time in getting into why I was going on loan. Claiming while I was gone they had brought in a new midfielder and currently she was in the best form she'd been in since she arrived. And that I also needed game time, that they couldn't provide me with. So, therefore, I was going on loan to Arsenal.

Yay.

To say I was slightly disappointed was an
understatement. I was at least expecting a chance to play again at Manchester City, but I also understood.

"We're sorry, Kass. But you're a brilliant player who deserves game time while still playing a top club." Gareth explained.

"No, no. Don't feel sorry, I get it. One last question, is it a loan to buy option or no?" I asked, if it was, I'd again understand; but it'd still add insult to injury.

Gareth's eyes darted away sheepishly and he nodded. It hurt. A lot, but I understood.

"Right. When do I leave, then?" I asked, just wanting to go home and pack up my stuff at this point. I just needed to go.

"Two days. You'll be staying with someone off their team, Leah Williamson, I believe. Now I know you two haven't had the best history on the pitch but I recommend you set it aside and be civil, Kass." He said sternly. My stomach dropped at the mention of Leah's name.

"Fucks sakes," I mumbled, "how do you expect me to get along with her!" I said, much more loudly. You see the thing is I wasn't annoyed I had to stay with her, I actually didn't mind; me and Leah had been talking over instagram and we got along quite well. She was nice.

And that was the thing. I think I like her. Like like like her. God, I sound like I'm in primary school.

"Just, be civil, Kassandra. Please?" Gareth sighed, "Leah has been in contact, told us to let you bring whatever you need to. She already has furniture in her spare room, so she'd prefer if you didn't bring a dozen different cupboards, beds etc, but any posters and decorations she's fine with."

I sighed, rising from my chair and nodding, feeling conflicted about my new living arrangement. I had a feeling it'd be rather entertaining though.

——————

Hello! I hope you're all excited as I am for this haha! Just wanted to say the picture above is what I imagine Kassandra to look like (minus the spliff/cig in this persons mouth lmao)

I know it's not typical for authors of woso books to choose more masc characters for their book, but I feel like there should be more representation, but obviously it's the authors choice!

Kassandra is not nonbinary or anything, she just has a more androgynous appearance in the book.

Anyways! I hope you've all enjoyed this sneak peek into the book im working on, and no! This will not interfere with my woso one shots book, I'll be updating both regularly! And to any new readers, you can find my one-shots book on my profile, and any votes and request etc are majorly appreciated. (sorry for the self plug 😭)

I hope you're all having a lovely day, night or afternoon and are staying hydrated.

yours truly,
author :)