Chapter 2: Youre alright, I guess.

I had started off the day by waking up late. Or at least, I was going too. Until a certain blonde who I had the utmost (dis)pleasure of living with dumped half a pint of water on my head and announced we were going for coffee.

"Fun." Had been my deadpan response when she told me.

"Oh, c'mon! Lighten up!" Had been her enthusiastic response.

Of course I eventually gave in.

———

And so, here I was sat in a starbucks with some stupid iced coffee that Leah got me after I told her I wanted a black coffee with many many espresso shots.

"What is this..?" I questioned, a look of curiosity on my face as she handed me the drink.

"Iced coffee. Try it." She said, I took one sip. And immediately opened the lid of my cup and spat it back in. It was vile. Although I typically liked cold drinks, and was even partial to a frappe, but that tasted like... shit. To be perfectly honest.

"That's grim that, Kass." Leah grimaced, groaning as I spat it back out.

"Tough. Shoulda' got me my usual coffee order and it wouldn't have been an issue!" I teased back.

After the day out we each took photos for our instagram and posted them not long after.

————

Liked by: bethmead_,Vivannemeidema, K_anderson, katie_mccabe11 and 20,045 others

Vivannemeidema, K_anderson, katie_mccabe11 and 20,045 others.

leahwilliamsonn: Cheers for the coffee, Kassie! Put it on your tab btw. (Love ya K, see you back at home.) @K_anderson

@K_anderson: wow williamson i actually don't look half bad here, despite being woken up by a pint of water getting dropped on me.
|
@leahwilliamsonn: I said I was sorry! AND IT WAS A HALF PINT!

@katie_mccabe11: Looks like the lovebirds are finally getting along again! 😉
|
@leahwilliamsonn: Shut it, KT. You and YOU KNOW WHO really cannot talk.
|
@K_anderson: watch ur back this pm training, KT.

@Kassieanders22: She looks so fed up with leah here 😭
|
@K_anderson: i was.

***
"Kass!" Leah shouted. We had gotten back from our coffee run around an hour ago and I had decided to take a nap, considering how very rudely I was awoken.

Her shouting made me stirr, I sleepily mumbled a half-assed, "What?" back.

I was woken up even more by the sound of Leah's loud footsteps travelling up the stairs, clearly she hadn't heard my mumbling.

Then I'm even more woken up by the fact I realise I decided to sleep in and old pair of grey nike shorts and a black sports bra. Shit. Leah.

Scrambling to grab the covers, which in hindsight is a little weird considering we quite literally get changed next to each other every game, I wrapped them around myself. Well, as much as I could anyways.

"Kass?! What the fuck are you doing mate!" Leah asks, clearly irritated, although I could've sworn her eyes darted away and a light blush appeared on her cheeks as she realised why I was holding the covers up.

"Sorry, sorry. Jesus cap calm down. We have an hour and a half before training this afternoon don't worry." I tried to reason with her, I really did, but Leah being the control freak she is made me get to the stadium a half an hour early. To say I wasn't happy was an understatement.

As we got out of Leah's car, considering my BMW is still in the shop, I grumbled curses at her under my breath and she chuckled and then smiled at me sheepishly.

"Sorry?" She offered quietly.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, but eventually said, "Fine. You're forgiven."

"Ah you're too sweet Kassie."

"I hate you. You're awful."

"You don't hate me. And I'm certainly not awful."

"You're alright, I guess."

————

After training I was thoroughly exhausted, and I knew I hadn't even played my best. It was frustrating, but Kim assured me we all had our off days and I shouldn't hold it against myself.

I was only half listening to her pep talk though, my eyes fixed on the blonde defender who was chatting with Beth. God, I like her.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a certain Irishwoman sitting next to me, bumping my leg with hers.

"You really like her, huh?" Katie said, looking at Leah, too. A small smile playing on her lips as she looks back at me. I looked at her, oh God was I really that fucking obvious?

"Wh- Katie what do you mean?" I chuckled, unconvincingly, obviously, considering Katie just looked at me and replied with a deadpan response.

"Your puppy dog eyes are something people in Australia can see, don't give me that bullshit, Kass." She looked at me, I held the eye contact. She was waiting for me to crack, to admit my feelings. And I did.

"Okay." I sighed and she pumped her fist victoriously.

"Woo! I fuckin' knew it!" She whisper-yelled.

I shoved her face with my hand and shot her a half-hearted glare. She smiled, looked at Leah, then to me. And simply nodded. She understood. She knew, God it felt good knowing that someone knew.

————

MUCH shorter chapter today but i haven't updated this in a while as i was focusing on my woso oneshots book and got carried away haha! I'm hoping to bring in another chapter by tonight. Definitely more angst on the way!

Hope you're all having a good day, afternoon or night and are staying hydrated!

-author :)