4.

[Itsuna's POV]

A good while passed after that,even though I was still hurting over Shisui,I had gotten better at handling it. Days were the same,just training my team,going on small missions and all that. I wasn't allowed to know much but things were getting pretty serious within the Uchiha clan,I wonder if dad will conduct something very unethical.

Itachi on the other hand has started to look very disgruntled. His stress marks are deeper than ever,he rarely talks,never smiles and just randomly sighs while looking at me or Sasuke. I was worried but I couldn't bring myself to ask him anything. If Itachi didn't want to talk about something,he won't no matter how much you asked.

I was walking past the living room after helping mom with the dishes after dinner,I stopped in my tracks as worry took over me again. Itachi was laying down on the balcony,looking lifeless and staring off into the sky. I wonder what happened to my sweet brother. I will make sure to ask him tomorrow.

I walked over,Itachi sat up upon hearing my footsteps. I silently sat next to him and gently pulled him into a tight hug. Itachi didn't protest,wrapping his arms around me and holding me close as he patter my head. A loud and deep sigh escaped him which just worried me even more.

-

"Itsu,Okaeri." Mom welcomed me as I stepped in through the front door.

It was pretty late,I had gotten caught up with a mission that took longer than it should have.

"Tadaima,Kaa-san." I replied,taking off my shoes.

"Sweetheart,I know you're tired from a long day but Sasuke hasn't returned home yet." Mom said,a worried tone in her voice. I frowned slightly,putting my shoe back on that I had just taken off.

"Not yet? It's so late,Kaa-san." I commented.

"I know. If you don't mind,can you please go look for him?" Mom pleaded as I nodded,standing up and walking back towards the door.

"Okay. Where's Ita?" I asked,stepping outside.

"Still out." Mom replied and I left.

I walked out to the main gate of the Uchiha compound,making a hand seal and slapping my hand on the ground. With a poof,my summon animal appeared before me.

"Kyomaru,you know Sasuke's smell right?" I asked the ninja hound. My summon animals were the same as Kakashi's.

"Yeah,let me see." Kyomaru replied as he started to sniff the ground and took off in a direction. I followed him in a bit of a run and eventually we ended up in the academy. I entered the dark place and soon enough,heard Sasuke's little voice. That little brat.

"Thanks Kyomaru,you can go now." I thanked the ninja hound,he nodded and disappeared with a poof.

I walked towards the back of the academy building,finally seeing Sasuke's back. He was practicing kunai throwing.

"Do you realize how late it is,young man?" I called out,finding it amusing the way Sasuke stiffened for a bit at the sudden voice. He turned around,a little bit of guilt present on his baby features.

"I was....training..." He said in a small voice.

"Too much training for a day and too late to return home,Kaa-san was worried." I scolded lightly,walking up to him in a lazy manner.

"Sorry." Sasuke grinned sheepishly,in hopes of melting me with his cuteness.

I sighed.

"Fine fine. Now let's get home." I said as he nodded and started walking side by side with me as we made our way back home.

I frowned slightly as we reached the main gate of the Uchiha compound,it was way too dark and silent. It's not so late that everyone would be sleeping,I still saw the market street bustling. I walked in carefully,something didn't feel right. And as I reached the first house in the compound,a shriek left my lips. About 3-4 people were sprawled on the ground,bathing in their own bloods. I recognized each lifeless face. Who would so this? How could this happen?

Sasuke had also made a noise when he noticed. I quickly grabbed him and pulled him closer to me. We just need to get home and get dad,it's gonna be fine he'll be able to handle whatever this is.

"Sasuke,let's run home." I said in a quiet whisper,feeling Sasuke nod against my side while clutching onto my skirt. I started to walk quickly,keeping an eye out in every direction,my sharingan activated. My body started to shake as I saw another bunch of dead people along the way,everyone was killed. As I felt a strong presence not far away,I whipped my head back but all I saw was the electric pole. What was that?

"Sasuke,stay close to me." I whispered as I gripped his little hand tighter. This was one person I was gonna protect with my life. I felt tears prickling my eyes at all the familiar faces lying around. I sighed a little as we finally reached our doorstep. I slid the door open,making sure Sasuke was with me as we entered. The house was dark too,completely silent. Did they go out to check what was happening?

"Kaa-san?... Oto-san?....Ita?" I called as I took off my shoes,walking in with Sasuke in tow. My voice echoed throughout the empty house and I felt empty. There was no answer,without any second thought I dashed towards the room I felt some presence in,Sasuke following suit. I slid the door open in a rush,almost breaking it. The moment the door opened,a lightning struck outside. And in that terrifying light,I saw something that I couldn't believe.

Mom and dad were sitting down,both side by side and Itachi was standing behind them,a sword in his hands. Dads eyes were closed as he looked at peace. What....was going on?

"Ita....?" I called in a trembling voice. Why were they home and not helping those outside?

"What's going on? Everyone's dead outside why-" I started.

"I know." Itachi replied,his voice hoarse and deep.

"Then we have to go and see-" I was cut off once again.

"We don't." Itachi said.

"W-what are you doing anyway....?" I asked,confusion still coursing through my whole system.

"I'm sorry,Oto-san,Oka-san." Itachi said and moved his sword.

Within a flash,Mom and dad's bodys were severely wounded with a single strike,they both fell as I let out an blood curdling scream,instinctively grabbing Sasuke closer to me. What....just happened...? What did I just witness? That was Itachi,right? There's no doubt that that's my twin brother. What was he doing right now? Had he lost it?"

Itachi looked straight at me,his eyes burning red. His sharingan wasn't the design as usual,it was different. I don't know for what reason,but in that moment,Itachi's gaze scared me. I backed away a little,not knowing what to do. I looked down again,only to see both my parents dead. They were killed by my twin brother. Suddenly,I screamed as I felt a burning pain in my eyes. It was so violent,it took over every mental feeling for a solid few seconds. After a while,the pain subsided and I opened my eyes,feeling something running down them. I touched my cheeks with my hand and confusedly looked at my own hand only to find blood. I wasn't hurt,where was this blood coming from.

After that,everything was a little blurry to me. I remember following after him as Itachi tried to leave the house. I asked him a bunch of frustrated questions which he never replied to. We ended up outside the house,Itachi said some words to me and Sasuke and before I could say or do anything,Itachi looked me straight in the eye with his new sharingan. I noticed Sasuke falling onto the floor,I slid next to him to catch the boy and as soon as I make sure he didn't hit the floor,I passed out as well.