5.

[Itsuna's POV]

Once again,I knew I was dreaming. It wasn't as peacefully confusing as last time. It was agonising and I needed to wake up,but I couldn't. At some point,the tsukuyomi had ended and for some reason,I had fallen asleep for real. This time,my dream was a mess. Everything kept going wrong and it was hard to breathe.

"ITA.....chi...." I sat up abruptly upon waking up,my loud outburst fading into a whisper as I breathed in.

I was finally awake,back from the nightmare I was having. Maybe everything I thought was happening last night was a nightmare too,it's got to be. My breathing was very heavy as I noticed I was clutching onto a white thin piece of clothe draped over my body. There was a quiet hush of chatter filling my ears. I wasn't in my bed,neither in my bedroom.

"Oh,you're awake. You shouldn't sit up so abruptly." A voice reached my ears and I looked up,only to find a somewhat familiar looking medical ninja standing in front of the bed I was in. Realization dawned on me and I grabbed the hem of the clothe of the person that was standing near me.

"Sasuke...where is my little brother?" I asked in a hurry,panick taking over me. I had held him,right? He was fine,right?

"Right over there." The medical person tilted their head towards their side and I turned my head to find Sasuke asleep on the bed next to mine. I jumped off,running up to him and scooping him up in my arms,holding him close to me as he didn't budge in his deep slumber.

"H-hey,like I said,don't move so much like that!" The person reminded again,sounding a little annoyed this time by my reckless behaviour.

"Do you know....where is Itachi? My twin brother?" I asked,running my fingers through Sasuke's jet black hair.

".....Uchiha Itachi killed everyone on the Uchiha clan,including his own parents and excluding you and your little guy over here. He escaped the village and is now an S-rank criminal." The person said after hesitating for a bit.

My heart lunged in my chest. I was still hoping it was all just a bad dream. It wasn't....reality was cruel. Everyone was gone,mom,dad and Itachi... what am I supposed to do? Sasuke is still so small. How am I supposed to survive without Itachi? Do I go after him? Is that allowed? I don't know.

I sat there for a few minutes,my eyes staring into nothing. And finally it hit me. My eyes burned,hot tears springing up as I held Sasuke closer to me and broke into a sobbing mess.

-

A year passed by after that. I was a wreck,I wasn't sure if I was even human anymore. The events had completely broken me. I never got out of the house,I didn't eat properly,I never slept and when I did,I didn't wake up for 3 or 4 days straight. I didn't shower,I didn't meet people and sometimes,someone would find me screaming and crying loudly ontop of a tall building or in the depths of the mountains. I didn't think twice to look back at Sasuke,I had abandoned him completely. I didn't know what he was doing,I cared but I couldn't find it within myself to check up on him. Everything was hard,life was hell.

In the meantime,I was suspected as a threat to the village because I was the twin sister of Uchiha Itachi. Surprisingly,Sandaime defended me against the people and I was allowed to be miserable by myself. Some of my friends tried to help me but I shut everyone out.

One of these days,I saw Sasuke trying to whip up something for himself to eat. The sight of my 7 year old brother struggling by himself was so heartbreaking that I finally realized what I was doing,how wrong I was to act this way when this little brother of mine was being better than me. I tried and finally after a few weeks,I was able to gather my broken pieces. I was broken yes,but I couldn't live like this until I died.

I started behaving and doing things like a normal person. I went out,brought things for the place that had been mine and Sasuke's new home for a year now. I cleaned up the place and dug out some recipe books,deciding to cook for the both of us. Sasuke looked a little stunned the first few days but he accepted me back with open arms. Maybe he understood. I apologised to him for being the worst sister ever and the boy just hugged my waist,telling me it was okay and he wouldn't blame me for being like this.

-

3 more years passed by,I was 16 now while Sasuke had turned 10 recently. I was doing a lot better,I was actively doing my job as a shinobi and taking care of Sasuke at the same time. In the past years,I had realized that Lord 3rd knew something about the whole 'Uchiha Assassination'. I tried asking him directly but he wouldn't budge. His responses every time made me even more sure that he knew something and he was somehow involved. I considered breaking into the Hokage office and snoop around for files but I figured it wouldn't be a good idea cuz I didn't need to be exiled from the village. So after a while of trying,I gave up.

Sasuke had changed quiet a lot over the years. He was gloomy,quiet and cold. He didn't even like talking to me a lot and he never showed any affection or enthusiasm. I completely understood the change but I missed my baby Sasuke too. But even if he was a little different now,I felt like our bond was stronger than ever now. There was a silent understanding.

He was growing up to be a spitting image of Itachi,it only ever reminded me of my twin brother who was hated throughout the whole village now. I wonder how he was doing,what he was doing. Did he feel any guilt? Did he often think about me and Sasuke? Why did he do what he did? I felt like these questions will forever remain unanswered.

In the meantime,I had also made a new friend,Uzumaki Naruto. I had known the boy ever since he was born on that disastrous night. The nine tails was sealed within him and because of that,the village treated him like he was lower than trash. Sandaime had promised Kushina-sama that he would take care of him but he didn't. Naruto was abandoned and forced to fend for himself ever since he turned 4 years old. He was the age of my little brother and I'd seen him so many times. But I couldn't do anything for him even if I wanted to. As an Uchiha of the head family,I had restrictions and there would be repercussions if I was seen hanging out with the 'fox spirit kid'.

But since now my whole clan was gone and no one was there to control or hold me back,I had slowly made a friendship with Naruto. He was a cheerful happy troublemaker,always yearning for someone to notice him. I knew he enjoyed my company. I sometimes treated him to ramen and even cooked extra for him when I was cooking for Sasuke. It made me happy to be able to make him smile. Such a cute and precious child should always be smiling.

And I had also managed to bribe Kakashi into helping me train. After everything that happened that night,I had discovered that my sharingan had a new power,the design was different.It wasn't the usual 3 tomoe marks. I looked around the library and apparently it was called a 'Mangekyo sharingan'. For some reason,I was able to activate it when I tried the first time and I noticed the pattern was the exact same as the one I had seen on Itachi's sharingan that night,so he had a mangekyo as well.

Since the whole clan was wiped out,me and Kakashi were the only ones alive with sharingans,until Sasuke awakens his that is. I knew Kakashi didn't have a mangekyo but he knew the feel of using a sharingan so he was the best option for a training partner or a teacher. I annoyed him for weeks until finally he had enough and agreed to help me train. I had to give something in return tho and surprisingly when I asked what he wanted,he hesitated for a bit before saying "homemade lunch". Apparently he always cooked for himself or ate out and he was getting bored of it. He knew I was making progress in my little cooking journey and thought he'd like to try some food made by someone else.

That was something very easy as a return for me annoying the crap out of him every Saturday until sundown so I did it every week and Kakashi really seemed to like it. Our training had been a success and I was much better at handling my normal sharingan and mangekyo now.

I had apologized to my past friends for shutting them out. They seemed a lot more hostile and didn't acknowledge my apology. I understood what they might be feeling so I didn't push. Somehow,I ended up making friends with an older gang. Asuma,Kurenai,Guy,Genma and Hayate - they were my friends now. After everything,I never saw a judging glint in any of their eyes when they looked at me and I loved that.

Days weren't bad and I was living,not just surviving.

A BLACK FLOWER [NARUTO UNIVERSE X UCHIHA FEM OC]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें