falling for you

pairing: tara carpenter x female reader

warnings: embarrassing y/n.

The first time I see her is on my way to my bio lecture. She was walking in the other direction, books tucked comfortably under her arm as she laughed with some curly haired girl.

It was crazy how fast I managed to fall for her, both physically and mentally.

Stumbling forwards I brace myself for the pain as I land face first into the concrete. "Oh shit are you good?" I curse whoever the higher power of this world is as the girl rushes over to my side.

"I'm good, just clumsy." I manage to laugh through my embarrassment as I push myself to my knees, wincing as I run my hand over my face. "Your bleeding." She contradicts monotonously as her eyebrow raises.

Seeing her up close made me want to fall over again, her perfect brown eyes that could swallow me whole and her nose adorned in little freckles that made a trail all the way down her cheeks. "Did you get a concussion or do you always stare this hard?" She asks scrunching her nose slightly.

"Neither?" I chuckle awkwardly willing the floor below me to open up and take me away from this pride shattering situation. "Ok, well if your ok then I have a class to get to. Try not to hurt that pretty face of yours anymore alright?" And with that she sends me a smile and a wave before heading back to her curly haired friend and continuing on her path to class.

.........

"You fucking fell over in front of her?"

"Shut up ok, I didn't mean to." I hiss at my best friend Charlotte who doubles over in laughter earning a glare from our bio teacher.

"Oh that's beautiful. I wish I was there." Charlotte cackles wiping a tear from her eye. "Did you at least get her name?" She asks still recovering from her laughing fit. I run a hand down my face once again forgetting about the cut running across the side of my cheek. "Fuck ow." I inhale sharply making sure it hadn't re opened before turning back to my friend. "And no I'm a fucking idiot. You know this. I can't talk let alone flirt with pretty girls. Especially ones who flirt back and call me pretty." I sigh and rest my hands under my chin. "Besides this campus is massive, I doubt I'll ever see her again."

Charlottes eyes roll playfully. "Your life is sad. So pathetically sad." Her hand rubs my back as she turns her attention back to our teacher.

.........

With an aching head I manage to sit through the rest of my classes for the day and answer the many many questions on what happened to my cheek. None of which I answered honestly.

And with my last class over I go to head back to my apartment with Mac Miller blasting in my ears but a light tap on my shoulder forces me to pull out my airpods and turn around.

"Hi, sorry for interrupting your music session, just wanted to make sure you were ok after your... fall, earlier." The same short brown eyed girl from earlier smiles up at me, her eyes lingering on my cheek.

My heart skips a beat (or five) and my hands rush to tuck my stray hairs behind my ears. "Oh uh that's ok. I'm alright just got this to deal with when I get home." I shrug nonchalantly as if the cut on my cheek didn't make me sob in a bathroom for ten minutes.

The girl laughs, a sound that makes me believe I just ascended into heaven. "Yeah you better make sure that doesn't scar. Although it's a known fact that chicks dig scars so." She smirks cheekily and winks.

"My names Tara by the way." She extends her hand and I take it slowly. "Y/N. My names Y/N." I shake her hand gently, our hands remaining intertwined for longer than is considered normal.

"You know how to take care of your cheek?" Tara asks leaning on her tippy toes to get a better view of the wound. "Uh, I'll just have a shower and hope it gets better I guess." I laugh awkwardly as Tara shakes her head, a hint of a smile playing on her lips.

"This might be forward but can I come to your apartment? Just to make sure you treat your cut well. I've had my fair share of wounds I know what to do with them and I'm sure you don't want your face scarred forever." Tara shrugs before looking down at her shoes that dig awkwardly against the pavement.

"I'm ok with it. So long as you don't plan to murder me." I chuckle causing Tara to place her attention back on me, her eyes rolling playfully. "Please, I'm five foot basically nothing. I think you'll be fine." She retorts as the two of us slowly begin walking towards my apartment.

"You never know. They say the small ones are the ones you need to watch out for."

......

Arriving back at my apartment, Tara is quick to ask where my bathroom is before tugging me towards it. "Have a shower and hope." She scoffs as she mocks my earlier words. Shoving me against the bathroom sink, although she apologises at the unnecessary force used, Tara rummages through my medicine cabinet until she finds what she's looking for.

Antiseptic.

"This is gonna hurt." She smiles apologetically before moving to stand between my legs, her brown eyes catching mine. "Is this alright?" She asks, slowly reaching up to grip my jaw. "Better than ok." I scrunch my nose up as she blushes before letting out a whine as she finally presses the liquid to my wound.

"I knew you were trying to kill me." I breathe, trying my hardest not to look like a wimp. Tara's eyes flicker to my own filled with worry before returning to my cheek as she dabs away. "Trust me, this is the least painful part." She chuckles. I don't reply, simply fixated on her concentrated face.

Once again I find myself following her trail of freckles and losing myself in her brown eyes. Only this time I don't have a concussion to blame it on when she catches my stare.

"So what's the excuse this time?" She whispers, her nose basically brushing mine as she gazes up at me.

I can't reply, my voice stuck in my throat as her dimples appear following her toothy grin. Mustering up as much courage as I possibly can I let my hand fall upon her waist pulling her further into my legs. "I don't have one." I manage to breathe out as her breath hitches.

I watch as Tara's eyes fall to my lips, her tongue running over her own. "Just kiss me." I whisper surprised at my own confidence.

But confidence is key as Tara's lips connect with my own, her hands leaving my jaw to tangle themselves in my hair as I squeeze her waist gently.

Capturing her tongue with mine is something that I had yet to even imagine, the feeling of euphoria rushing through every nerve in my body.

Only when breathing becomes a problem do I pull back and grin at the flushed face of the brown eyed girl before me.

"Your beautiful." I sigh moving a hand to her cheek and caressing it lightly. Her lips twitch upwards as she shrugs. "Your cheek is still not treated. Let me finish my job and we can finish this later." She teases softly before leaning in to peck my lips once again.

"And I promise you. We will."

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Credits: mikeysw1fey