Napping Isn't Relaxing Anymore

Skip woke up and it was about 10AM. Late for a Monday, wait...Monday? OH NO SKIP HAS SCHOOL- or so he thought,

He hurried to get dressed into his uniform, black pants paired with a light blue collared shirt, a black jacket, and of course a blood-red tie. Red & Blue were the school colors, the jacket was an optional preference.

He hurried to grab his backpack before rushing to leave the house, wondering how he'll explain this, he had no reason nor excuses onto why he'd been late. Before he reached the door he was stopped by a busy Sam,

"Where are you going?" "To school, duh" Skip sarcastically remarked, knowing he had no time for jokes he reached for the handle. "What? No! Of course your not going to school silly! After that accident your given an excused week off! What kind of monster would force someone to go to school after that?" She teased, feeling it was a pretty obvious decision.

"Wha- oh, that makes- a lot of sense..." Skip responded, slightly embarrassed. "Well, Imma go get some groceries, run some errands, y'know. You good with pasta for dinner again?" "Yeah,"

With that Sam left the house, leaving Skip and Baku alone for a few hours before Sam got back, and later Jack. It was only after Skip was alone with his thoughts, that he started to realize he was still tired and only got up from the panic of being late to school. He got out of uniform and changed into some more comfy casual wear before knocking out for a little nap on the couch, Baku of course finding a comfy spot in his jacket's inner pocket.

...

It felt like 2 seconds before Skip's eyes awoke once again, indeed that was because it had been just 2 seconds, if not less. "Wha- where? Is this lucid dreaming? Kind of dark~" He looked around his fully dark surroundings, everything looked as if made of shadows, only distinguishable shapes and large circular eyes made out any sort of world. You could only distinguish things by thick white and soft sleepy blue outlines, and multicolored eyes.

"This is no dream, this is all real." A familiar voice spoke behind him before the owner of said voice slowly approached infront of him, Baku.

"This is Free-Form! The oh-so great Realm Of Shadows!"

"Free-Form ay? Things are starting to come back now, yes, you told me of this place." Skip mumbled while once again examining his rather unique surroundings. "What am I supposed to do?"

"You are here, that was part of the deal we made. Every time you sleep, or in this case nap, you will end up here! I- actually- have a favor to ask..." "Abrupt, but sure? What is it?"

"You see, despite my containment, I am knowledgeable of this land and its residences. One certain shadow I am too knowledgeable of is my, unrenowned, overprotective, brother, AKA 'The Jester'." "B-brother? Is he dangerous?" "Plenty.".

"Cool, don't want to meet nor see him, anyways what does he have to do with anything?" "I am quite an animal like shadow, yes, comparable to a cat. I am also cursed. During my confinement, I had a  curse placed upon me and linked to a new item created by him for that very reason. This Life-Nip is effectively some magical cat-nip. I will die in 20 years, the only way to reset that timer is to consume a bag of this cat-nip. The only one who has it is my brother for predictable  reasons out of my control." "Effectively you need me to get the nip for you so you don't die?" "Yes,"

"Okay. Where is this guy anyways?"

"Follow me."

Skip followed Baku through some claustrophobic tunnels before making it to a open unexpressive down. Following a black, purple, and blue striped path met them with a wall with open space inside, a small circus tent like building acting as the back of the wall, like a fence to a house.

A open archway stood infront of Skip as Baku nudged him to take a step forwards, to make things harder Baku couldn't enter The Jester's domain, so Skip had to retrieve the cat-nip from The Jester himself, as according to his plans. This wouldn't be fun, but Skip had no real idea.

"Well, well, well, is this a new audience member awaiting my entertaaaiiinnnmeeeennntt~?"

"Actually, I need that cat-nip for Baku-"

"B-Baku? Yes, yes, my sister~ my sister, my oh-so wonderful sister."

...

...

...

"You, wait, it was you! YOU! YOU ARE THE INSOLENT FOOL WHO DARE KIDNAP MY INOCCENT SISTER?!"

"W-what? No! NO OF COURSE NOT! I AM HELPING HER! SHE OFFERED THE IDEA!"

"YOU TOOK HER AWAY FROM THE SAFETY OF THE DOMAIN HE SO LOVINGLY AND GENEROUSLY OFFERED HER! SHE COULD NEVER ENDURE ANY HARM THERE, OR SO I THOUGHT! YOU DAMNID LITTLE BASTARD! WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!"

"D-DUDE! I DIDN'T KIDNAP HER! YOUR REALLY AGGRESIVE RIGHT NOW SO I FEEL I SHOULD CLEARIFY-"

"I AM THE JESTER! INTRODUCTIONS ARE UNESSCIARY HOWEVER! I HAVE A FUCKING BASTARD, KIDAPPING CRUSADER WHO NEEDS PROPER PUNISHMENT!!"

"W-what?"

"TIME TO PAY PROPER FUCKING PENENCE FOR YOUR CRIMES BRAT!!"

The Jester moved fast as lightning and stabbed Skip straight in the chest with a scythe, it was held the middle with 2 blades on the end of the pole, facing opposite directions.

A white liquid unshed from Skip's wound, slowly fading into red, Skip slowly fell faint, eventually dead.

So this was The Jester?

So this was Free-Form?
So this is how his sleep would go?

Painful and unresting...how terrible.

...

Skip awoke feeling unbearable pain where his wound had been. So that was Free-Form? Now with the looming quest to save Baku, ruthless and merciless Jester, probably other unending looming terrible threats yet to be discovered. What could Skip do? Just let Baku die? He had wish resting in her! Just not sleep? Baku would still die, and he would probably to.

 All's not well, and nothing, I mean fucking nothing ends well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Words: 981 (Not including the line and below)

Start & Finish: 9/23/2023 (Same day before midnight? Yay!)

Sorry I didn't post in like a month. School as really now just started so I'm dealing with that, as well as having to write. I have an idea but that doesn't mean its good. It needs half decent writing and I don't even think this is good tbh :/ I def have to go and revise all these early chapters once I get better, if  I get better at writing.

Grand Total: 1070 (Everything)