1

To my Dearest C,

My life had been a carefully constructed fortress, designed to shield my heart from distractions, especially the prospect of a relationship. I was resolute in my focus on the future, and entertaining thoughts of romance was far from my intentions.

Then, you walked into my life.

You challenged the walls I had built, but I refused to let them crumble. Instead, I fortified them, determined to protect my heart from the uncertainties of love. Our friends teased us, their playful banter attempting to break down my defenses. I watched your antics, and I found them amusing, but I stood my ground.

Yet, as much as I wanted to deny it, something had shifted within me.

Despite my best efforts to remain resolute, my heart began to betray me. The feelings I had guarded so fiercely started to seep through the cracks in my armor. It was as if my heart had a mind of its own, choosing to care for you despite my protests.

So, here I am, standing at a crossroads, torn between the fortress I had built and the emotions that threaten to break it down. I want you to know that this is not a decision I take lightly.

I'm still apprehensive about letting my guard down completely, but I can't deny that you've had a profound impact on my life. Whether I fall for you or not, I can't predict, but I promise to explore these emotions honestly and openly.

Sincerely,
leaves