15th november 2021

When Felix woke up, he was immediately filled with excitement. It was his birthday! He was finally 10 years old. This meant he would finally get the birthday present his dad left for him. His mother tells him stories of his dad, he may not have met him but he knows him so well. His mother said he is a lot like his father in lots of different ways. He got up out of bed and zoomed downstairs. His mother, Lena, was waiting for him at the kitchen table. Cake in the middle, chocolate of course, and presents all around.
"Happy birthday Felix!" His mother says, she puts down her coffee and goes to give him lots of hugs and kisses, "You're growing up so fast."
"Okay, i get it, i love you too but i can't breathe," Felix laughs as his mother let's go of him.
"I have a very important gift for you," she pauses,holding it out to him, "it's from your dad."
"From... dad?" He says, freezing mid grab.
"He left it for you, he thought you'd really like it" She's smiling now, "go on. open it."

He does.

It's a metal box with buttons on it.

"What is it?" He says looking up at his mother.

"A time machine."
He laughs. She does not. She's serious?
"But they're not real"
"You're father made it a couple years before you were born, he went everywhere with it, he wanted you to experience it too."

He stood for a moment, just looking at the time machine.
"Where should i go first?"
"Not where, Felix. When"
There was another silence

"There's just one rule," That caught his attention. "You can't go back to a time where you existed. You cannot see yourself."

He nods. When will he go first?