Chapter One

Wanda Maximoff used to have the life she had dreamed of since Y/N had built up the courage to ask her out many of years ago in college. Although the getting pregnant in her third year of college was never a part of their plans but Y/N had stepped up and proposed to her. Vowing that she would never have to go it alone in raising their children.

What they didn't expect was that their relationship would soon become toxic. As Y/N was the main bread winner for the household, Wanda wanted to find a job of her own for when the twins where at school so she got a job at Harkness Cafè. Working during the schoolday before the twins were home.

Although, both of their jobs were tiring, and Y/N always made time for the twins. They never really made time for each other. So as the time went on, the distance between the two of them grew. The cuddles and intimate moments were non existent. They were like two passing stars, never destined to collide.

"I can't do this anymore." Wanda whispered one night as they lay side by side. "It hurts because I don't feel like you're here."

"Wanda." Y/N tried as they turned to face her. "I'm sorry." Was all they whispered as they sat up, leaning their head against the headboard.

"I don't know what happened to us." Wanda whispered, her eyes glistening as tears threatened to shed. "I just don't know."

"I do love you Wanda." Y/N told her sincerely, nothing but truth was behind their eyes. "I really do but I guess love just isn't enough to make a marriage work."

"I don't think it is." Wanda whispered. "Maybe we need a divorce."

"You're right." They whispered as they stood up, reaching for their pillow. "Maybe we just lost touch of who we are, with work and raising a family."

"Stay." Wanda held their hand. "Just hold me one last time." Wanda asked as they took a shakey breath, getting back in bed beside her, opening their arms for their soon to be ex wife. Pressing a kiss to her head as she squeezed her eyes closed, feeling heartbroken at the end of their marriage. The two who had dreamed of growing old together.

Y/N had packed their bags on their day off, packing their car before the twins came home. Once the two 10 year olds were home, the two of them sat the boys down to talk.

"Your mom and I are getting a divorce." Y/N told them softly. "I am going to be finding an apartment nearby so you guys can still come and stay with me whenever you want."

"Your O'pa and I still very much love each other and you both." Wanda told them as she wrapped her arms around the two of them. "But it just isn't really working between us and we can't keep lying just to keep this marriage working."

"But we're family." Tommy whispered as Wanda took a deep breath. A soft smile on her face.

"A family is forever." She told the two as Y/N smiled at her, before her eyes met Y/N's. "We can never truly leave each other, even if we tried."

"This is what is best for us." Y/N told them. "We just want what's best for you both."

"But what about holidays and our games or competitions." Billy asked them both.

"We will still spend holidays together, if that is ok with your mom." Y/N told them. "And you know we will never forget about your games and competitions. We're your biggest fans."

"But you're moving out?" Tommy questioned as Y/N just nodded.

"I am." They told them, taking Tommy into their arms. "I wanted to stay here to talk with you both first because you two boys and your mom will always be the most important people in my life."