To Inkopolis!

I always wanted to write this story, esp after having to read that rlly bad one from 2020 😭 this story takes place before splat 3, so no neo 3 💔 if u don't know my agents: cerulean is 3, ember is 4 and haru is 8, enjoy!!!

Agent 8 felt the gentle breeze on his face as Pearl and Marina's helicopter made its way to Inkopolis. He felt relieved to have made it out alive, but wished his sister could have felt it too. "I'm...Sorry we lost Akari." sighed 3.

The two gazed into the sky together, thinking about everything that happened to them in the Deepsea Metro...

"LAND HO!" exclaimed Captain Cuttlefish when the helicopter landed. "Yo eight! You should totally check out my mansion!" smiled Pearl. "He's gonna meet my granddaughters first!" shot back Cuttlefish. Marina sighed, thinking "Ah squit, here we go again."

The old squid took the boys to meet the rest of The New Squidbeak Splatoon. "Hey gramps." waved Marie. "GRAMPS! THREE!" grinned Callie, excitedly waving with both arms.

"Marie, who's the old man and the twinks?" asked agent 4. "I'M NOT A TWINK!" shouted agent 3. "Now, let's all calm down." sighed Cuttlefish. "This inkling's Cerulean, agent 3. The octoling is agent 8, Haru." he said. "Cool." said Marie in her usual relaxed tone. "This is agent 4, her name is Ember." she said, pointing to the inkling girl.

"WE'RE GONNA BE BESTIES HARU!!!" declared Ember. "Sounds nice." smiled Haru. Cerulean blushed in his own embarrassment, specifically embarrassed over how jealous he was. "Seems like they're good friends, huh? Tch. Not even gonna mention me, the guy who-"

"What about 3?" asked Haru. "Oh yeah, he exists!" replied Ember. "CERULEAN COME JOIN THE AGENT BEST FRIENDS CLUB!"

"This is stupid." said Cerulean and Marie in unison. "I WANNA JOIN!!!" shouted Callie, eagerly. "AND I'M FORCING YOU TO JOIN CERULEAN!" exclaimed Ember, causing Cerulean to scoff. "Come on Mr. Cerulean von Agent Three, join us!"

"Fine." he sighed. Ember took both of their hands. "Come on losers, we're going shopping!"

At Arowana Mall, the inkling girl dragged the two into a clothing store, making them try on different outfits. "Hmm, no..no...no..." She then saw Cerulean and Haru in T-shirts that perfectly complemented each other, with Cerulean's being the black velour octoking tee and Haru's being the green version. "PERFECT!"

"Hey, we're matching." commented Haru. "Yeah..." replied Cerulean, almost sounding like a sigh. He looked at the octoling and felt a warm feeling in him, which crept onto his cheeks. "He's so pretty..." thought the inkling.

Ember jumped out of the fitting room with a pink hoodie on, and scared Cerulean from behind. "That wasn't very hetero of you dude." she smirked. "Cod, Marie really hired a bitch didn't she?!" he shot back. "Seems so!" shrugged Ember, still smirking. "HEY HARU! DO YOU LIKE BOYS?!" she shouted. "SHUT UP!!!" yelled Cerulean.

Haru smiled. "Yeah, I'm actually gay." he said, making Cerulean blush harder and Ember smirk wider. "W-Why are you s-smiling like that?" stammered the octoling. "Now that we don't look ugly, let's head to Squidonald's!" smiled Ember as if her smirk didn't scare the shit out of Haru.

"I'll go order!" announced the inkling girl as she pranced into the lineup. "She's so cool." said Haru. "She's annoying as fuck." groaned Cerulean. "I wonder how she knew I was gay though..." pondered the octoling.

"She asked because-" Cerulean quickly stopped and decided to not say it.

"Because what?" asked Haru.

Cerulean blushed, wondering how he could get himself out of this. "Hello?" called out Haru as he waved his hands in front of the inkling's face. "...Ember just assumed something, I guess." replied Cerulean.