Chapter 1

House Tyrell was a wealthy and prestigious family. The Tyrells lived in a castle in Highgarden. Highgarden is a city and has been home to the Tyrells since the beginning of time. It's surrounded by beautiful meadows and fields. The head of the house Richard and his wife Hildegaard are close friends with the royal family. Rosemarie Tyrell, the granddaughter of the head of the house, just turned sixteen and was now of age. Rosemarie knew that her grandparents would want her to find a suitor soon.

The day Rosemarie turned sixteen, Richard got a letter from the king, inviting them to Kings Landing for a masquerade ball. Her grandparents didn't want Rosemarie to marry the king's children as they had a bad reputation. Prince Aegon was known to drink and play around with women even though he was married. Prince Aemond was known to have a hot temper and not much was known of Prince Daeron as he was sent to stay with his uncle.

The days passed and Rosemarie was getting nervous when the day finally arrived for her to go to Kings Landing, she went out for a walk in the garden to calm herself.

"Couldn't sleep?" She gasped and turned around to see her brother William.

She sighed "No, what about you?" she said, smiled and looked down.

He looked thoughtful for a moment "I have a lot on my mind," he said. He walked closer and they walked around for a bit.

"I wonder what will happen today. I want to keep you safe and would wish you could stay within arm's reach. He said. William had been very protective of Rosemarie ever since their parents died. He thought that her sister was too kind.

"You don't think I'll have to marry either of them?" She asked nervously.

"I don't know," he said thoughtfully. He picked a rose from the bush beside them and gave it to her sister.

"We should get inside, and get some sleep while we can, Grandma will scold us if we look tired today," he said. Rosemarie went back to bed and slept soundly, till she was woken by her maid.

Yrsa the maid had prepared a bath. Rosemarie loved the warmth from the water she soaked in the water till it was cold. She then quickly dried off with a towel and put on her silver silk robe.

Rosemarie sat in her chair in front of her vanity

"It's a big day my lady," Yrsa said while brushing Rosemarie's hair.

"How are we doing in here" A voice beamed from behind. Rosemarie recognised her grandmother's voice.

"Grandmother," She said with a big smile and warmth in her voice. She turned around to look at her Grandmother. Hildegaard and Rosemarie were extremely close as it was she who brought Rosemarie up after her parents died. Hildegaard walked over and caressed her granddaughter's chin.

"Lady Rosemarie is ready soon, Lady Tyrell," Yrsa said and made a courtesy.

"Good, Good, I'll be waiting at the carriages," she said and walked out of her room.

When Yrsa was finished with Rosemaries hair she helped her get dressed. Rosemarie was wearing a light blue dress that was fitted around her torso and flared down at the bottom. The dress had gold roses and rose veins embroidered at the top.

Rosalie Tyrell looked dreadfully out the window in her bedroom. The sun warmed her dark brown hair, that she had in a braided half updo. Her slim fingers rested on the windowsill. She loved the view from her bedroom. It had a perfect view where one could see most of the yard. Her brother William came and put his hand on her shoulder.

"We need to go now, they are waiting for us," he said. Her things were already packed and had been brought down by one of the guards. She sighed and smiled pulled herself together and took one last glance out at the rose garden. "Yes, we best not keep Uncle Rowan, Grandma Hilde and Grandpa Richard waiting," she said and walked down to the courtyard.

"Come now. Come now, the carriages are ready," Uncle Rowan said with a swinging arm gesture. We all got in while he held the door for us. Yrsa were in another carriage behind us along with HIldegaards maid and some men.

"Rose?" Hildegaard said.

"Yes, Grandma Hilde?", she looked up.

"I thought you might want something to do on this trip," she said as she handed her a book. "Thank you, Grandma," she said. Richard cleared his throat

"We should talk about this invite to the castle?" He finally said.

"The king seems to want Prince Aemond to get married, which is where you come into the picture Rosalie," Uncle Rowan said.

"I know all this already," Rosemarie said tired of the subject. Rosemarie wanted to love the one she would marry.

"I don't think it would be wise for us to get involved with them when the king dies there may come an uproar as to who the next heir is, and I don't think that my cousin or our family should be involved with them when that happens," William said. He wanted her sister to be happy

Thank you, Rosemarie, mouthed to him.

"I agree with William on that point," Hildegaard said.

The rest of the ride was spent discussing what might happen at the ball. Rosemarie didn't partake in the discussion, she sometimes made some remarks or joked with her brother. Rosemarie was nervous about the ball, though she didn't show it.