Chapter 2: backup group 1973

3 days later John found himself on the footstep of the LRH mission center. As he walked through the doors into a vaulted hall he could see that there were more people than normal. The hall was a large room with a floorplan similar to an airport terminal. There were rows of seats running down towards a large desk. There were a lot of heroes as well as normal people waiting for their name to be called. John walked forward and found a seat that was open and took a seat and waited.

And waited

And waited

Approximately 3 hours later his name was finally called. He walked up to the desk.

"John Small, you are in room 8532 in back group 1973." said one of the attendants at the desk.

It took John another half hour to find the room. As john walked into room 8532, he took note of the people currently residing inside: a slumped man in a construction workers outfit missing a hand, a small man in a suit eating cheese, a cyclops, a man whose nose took up most of his face. No John corrected, the massive nose on his face. And finally, a tall skinny man looking very uncomfortable and fearful. John took a seat again.

The cheese guy looked over at John when he sat down.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Man, I just want to be left alone," John said.

"I feel that" stated the one-handed man.

"The money is nice," replied the cheese guy.

"Wait, you're getting paid for this little thing!?" John said in outrage.

"Oh, so you're with explosive dude over there" stated the cheese guy.

"I told you not to call me that!" flared the one-handed man.

At this point the nose guy intervened.

"So, the people here were either paid to be here, leftover heroes that defend small unimportant cities and people like you and Karl that got blackmailed into this" said the Nose guy in a friendly manner.

"So, what did you do?" said cheese guy?

"Um i uh may have taken a car..." said john meekly.

"Wait, you're the guy that stole Atomics car, Heh." laughed Karl, the one-handed man.

At that moment a person that was clearly the instructor walked in.

"Allright introduce yourselves," he said.

"I am Mr. Nose" said the man with a large nose taking the initiative.

"I am Mr. Eye" said the cyclopes following suit with another similarly uncreative name.

"I am Sir cheddar gouda, master of cheeses." said the cheese guy as you probably can guess.

"Uh hi I'm Karl," said Karl.

"I'm Pete," said the nervous man.

"I'm John" said John blatantly.

"Allright you are all backup group 1973; you are in charge of taking care of the minor villain known as the cockroach. He is an annoying pain but not a big enough threat for an actual team to be deployed. You all have five minutes to gear up before you leave," said the instructor.

10 minutes later they all were riding in an uber to the cockroach's lair.

The diminutive conundrumजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें