Chapter 5 | Poisoned Drink

Notice: Updates should be every Friday
------------------------

October sat at the kitchen table, his eyes unfocused.

It was very late at night, almost early morning, but the king had been unable to sleep with the thoughts that swarmed his brain like a hornet's nest.

Thoughts of the man who had stolen his friends.

And he had a sneaking suspicion as to who that person could be.

The kidnapper had been cunning enough to wriggle out of their grasps the first time, but not the next.

They would catch this slimy excuse for a student and...

What would they do then?

Kill him?

Hand him over to the cops?

If the person was who October he thought it was, that was going to be much harder said than done.

And to make matters worse, the man now seemed to be aware that they were trying to find him.

Besides, where would someone even have room to hide six kings?

The six other nobbles would've been able to escape if they were conscious.

But were they?

Were they dead?

Cold dread filled October's body, as if someone had replaced the blood in his veins with ice water.

He pushed aside the thought, taking a deep sip of the coffee from the cup that sat in front of him.

He stared into the mug, watching as the slightly metallic looking liquid swirled around in the cup.

He sighed wearily, rubbing his dry eyes and glanced at the clock on the stove: 12:59

He should really go to bed, but he knew that he would never be able to get any rest.

As October finally felt his weary eyes drift shut, he heard a thud coming from the entrance.

His head shot up quickly, like a bullet flying through the sky.

Part of him had yearned that it was the six nobles arriving home to their territory.

May, with the book tucked under his armpit while latching onto August.

February, making a dirty joke about April as he sighed out of aggravation.

August, clinging onto May as he peaked at the book the other was reading.

April, trying to push February away due to the fucked up comments he made.

November, worried about how the house managed to stay somewhat clean without him around.

January, quietly walking back into the home as he slightly clung onto November for comfort.

But, October knew that this fantasy could make him or break him.

"October! Stop zoning out for the last goddamn time!" September bellowed as he practically threw himself next to October.

"Sorry, September," he replied, shaking himself back into reality.

"Gather everyone around tomorrow morning; I gained some information about this 'bartender' guy," September explained while running to the bathroom to remove the annoying prosthetics he had been wearing.

October sighed tiredly as he viewed the clock once more: 1:23

He reached for his phone inside his pocket, which was buzzing at intense rates.