Mojo

A/N: A follow-up I've been wanting to make for the oneshot "Nieces and Nephews" with ideas from webslingerofthegalaxy on Tumblr and troll_broppy_fan :D

                            __________________________________________________

Word spread quickly on Vacay Island. And it really came as no surprise, with the manner that Spruce's children had ensured of it.

None of the little kiddos could keep their excitement on the down low, not when their father was about to put on what was certain to be a totally incredible performance, alongside two uncles that they'd never even known existed! It was with some skepticism that they had to take the news of these 'John Dory' and 'Branch' characters being their father's brothers, but if they were just as awesome as he was, there would be no problem getting along!

Excited residents flocked their way over to the island's well known Tiki Lounge, a sizeable hut with just as much topical flair as the rest of the isle. Decor of seashells and coral accented every corner, its roof made of straw and its walls lined with threaded coconut fiber. To top it off, the island's lazy river cut through it in a winding, serpentine path. Islanders floated atop on colorful floats, some settling themselves upon any open space among the spacious dunes, and others still content with bobbing in the calm waters that led out to the beach. Excitable murmuring started up, curious and anticipatory. Spruce was no stranger to them, but learning that a couple of newcomers who'd arrived and claimed to have been in a band with him told them that there was still quite a bit to learn about Vacay Island's most chill resident. All of them had taken the news in stride, though... Well, except for Spruce's wife.

There was still a pang of disappointment written clear across her face as she'd tried to figure out why it was that her husband hadn't told her everything about his past. But seeing their kids so hyped allowed her to put aside those conflicted feelings for the next few minutes as she would let herself see what this performance was all about.

Somehow, she'd managed to wrangle their brood over to the closest open space near the front of the stage. But that didn't mean that they were not calm.

"When is Daddy going to come onstage?" one of her daughters asked, peering up at her with indigo eyes that strongly resembled her father's.

"Any minute now, you just have to be patient, okay?" the gentle reply came.

The little girl pouted. Waiting was exactly what she couldn't do!

And Poppy, who had been just a couple short paces away, couldn't blame the little one.

This was WAAAAYY too exciting to be able to wait even one more second for! BroZone would be putting on their first show in decades, and this lovely audience would be in for the treat of their lives once her boyfriend and his brothers took to the stage. Poppy had to take a deep breath, but still grinned broadly, sifting through her deep pink hair urgently in hopes of finding a camera. A "YES!" came out of her when her fingers landed on the rectangular orange object and pulled it out. It was in pristine condition, and still had plenty of film left inside of it. That was a good thing, too. Poppy knew that she would be snapping a LOT of pics during the show. Eagerly, she held it in her hands, thrumming and buzzing with anticipation.

Not as eager as her, or the children, or any of the Vacay Islanders for that matter, were the performers themselves. John Dory, Spruce, and Branch each had their own set of worries plaguing them in the couple minutes that they had before they made their bound upon the stage.

JD swallowed. He had gone solo since his split from BroZone and only sang for Rhonda (who always trilled in appreciation). Performing with his brothers again was a pretty cool thing, but would they still have their old mojo?