Chapter 3

"I don't think I like this, there's sand everywhere and it's just hot." MacKenzie said in an annoyed voice.

We were at the beach with my mom along with some of her friends from neighboring packs and their children.

"Well, we are at a beach MacKenzie." Jake retorted rolling his eyes.

I simply just lay on my towel quietly, the two have been going back and forth for quite some time now, all the others were playing volleyball or in the ocean.

I had grew up with this circle of people since we saw each other each year when our parents would come to the wolf conference but I was struggling to connect with them or even engage in conversation, all I had on my mind was Logan, Logan, Logan, it was quite annoying.

"Heads up!"

I lifted my head in time to see the ball hit MacKenzie smack in the face and her brother Arthur, one of those playing volleyball came rushing to her side while she threw a fit and Jake laughing hysterically.

"You've been quiet all day." Arthur's mate, Sindi said approaching me.

She threw a towel down and sat beside me. She was new to this group so I didn't really know her but so far she seemed like a great girl.

I turned to look at her, "I've just been in my head I guess, what's up?"

"A bunch of us are going to see a movie later, you wanna come?"

"Just a movie?" I asked with a raised brow.

I knew damn well that they were not just going to see a movie, I visited my first club when I was at one of these conferences with my parents and got drunk too for the first time, these kids were pretty wild.

She smirked and shrugged "That's what I was told but I've heard all the stories about previous escapades."

I laughed, "I'm in."

Later in the day I sat in the hotel restaurant  with my family having a quiet dinner. Jake kept giving me pointed looks and discreetly looking at his watch.

"Have somewhere to be Jake?" dad asked as he cut into his steak, "You've checked that watch about 10 times now."

Well... Guess it wasn't as discreet as he thought.

"I... Uh..."  he stuttered and I rolled my eyes.

"A bunch of us kids are going to the movies." I said giving Jake a look, the boy was a terrible liar.

"Well why didn't you just say so? No need to sit through this boring dinner with your folks, go on." mom said waving us away and Jake immediately shot from the table and I held in another eye roll.

I stood up, waved to the parents and calmly walked out of the restaurant. Turns out we really weren't going to watch a movie but going to some insane club opening.

"Took ya'll long enough." MacKenzie said as we approached the loby, "Uber's on the way."

There were about 11 of us so more ubers were requested and we made our way to Hot Zone.

"Remember the rules." Arthur said, "We stick together at all times, if you need to go somewhere take a buddy with you. We straight?"

We all readily agreed and then bypassed the long line outside, Marcel, one of the guys we were with gave the doorman a nod and he let us in immediately.

The place was buzzing, sweaty bodies everywhere. Normally this was not my scene at all but I only did it once a year and I only got to see these guys once a year too so might as well make the most of it.

"This is going to be fun!" Sindi had to scream loudly to be heard over the music.

Werewolves had fantastic hearing so the shouting was more for my benefit. Marcel and Arthur went to the bar while the rest of us went to find a table.

After settling down and finding a table, bottoms up by Trey songz started playing and everyone collectively screamed "Throwback" and we headed to the dancefloor.

Sindi, MacKenzie and I were dancing together when a group of huge guys surrounded us wanting to dance.

"No thanks." I said when one approached me but he was pretty persistent.

"I'm mated!" Sindi growled when one tried to touch her so I guess the guys were wolves.

"Come on babe, I'm just trying to dance not marry you." one said making the rest of them laugh.

I felt a blinding anger and something foreign stirring within me as one of them tried to touch me again but just as quick as it came it was gone again and I suddenly felt overheated and passed out.